Contribute
Register

Ideas needed

Motherboard
Asus > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i5-13500
Graphics
RX 580
Been hackintoshing since 2007. I have dual boot hackintosh laptop at the moment ,but I need more power.

Don't need the best or newest. So I have two options in mind:

1) Used z390 +9900k

2) i5 13500 + z790

Graphics card I have: RX 580

Two conditions MUST be met:

1) Motherboard that is easy hwid/uuid spoof in windows environment. Motherboard that dmiedit or something else works easily. I am not a gamer so its not for to be unbanned. Other reasons..

2) Working Apple drm for to able play Apple music atmos/immersive music. If I remember correctly, SMBIOS iMacPro 1,1 works well for this.

Any other architecture suggestion is welcome too as long as those two conditions are met. AMD is out of the question.

Thanks!

Always best to read the Buyer's Guide and pick a motherboard listed there.
That shows you the newest supported chipsets and the CPUs that work with those. Z790 is not natively supported by macOS but some people make them work with various fixes and tweaks.

Also see User/Golden Builds forums. Many great examples of builds that will work.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Z390 is also fully supported and works well.

Last edited:
I would recommend your first tier if that's really much cheaper. Nowadays in 2024 it's not wise to invest much on Hackintosh unless you are really rich to play it.

AMD is much cheaper. You can pick up a decent 550 based system for much less than an Intel equivalent. But AMD is out of the question for you, oh well.

If you go for used hardware, Z490 + Core 10xxx is also an option (last generation with native support).

Yes i have been reading more now and turning my thoughts into z490 + i9 10900...

So let me know a z490 motherboard that can easily be hwid spoofed or bios edited. Hwid spoofed in windows..

The spoof doesnt need to be "gaming" level or permanent. Just that Windows shows different values for hwid/uuid..

Last edited:
So let me know a z490 motherboard that can easily be hwid spoofed or bios edited.
That's not what this forum is about, getting around being banned from certain games. You'll have to go elsewhere for help with that. This site is only about installing macOS on non-Apple hardware, that's it.

Back