Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I read in these posts that its not possible to put iBoot on a flash drive or into the HDD itself instead of Multibeast.

I'm having trouble getting Multibeast to boot on my Lenovo Ideapad U160. It's probably because GMA HD HM55 is not supported, but I have already tried turning off Graphics enabler to "No" and it still doesnt boot.

I can get to the desktop with iBoot however in 10.6.3 using iBoot. (Doesnt work on 10.6.5, still experimenting)

Other than the Graphics Enabler, are there any other things I should edit out of my boot plist that can break things in Multibeast if it doesnt work while iBoot does?

Works:
10.6.3 iBoot

Doesnt work:
10.6.3 Multibeast (system restarts in a loop)
10.6.5 iBoot (perm stuck at the grey apple screen with the spinning wheel, graphics enabler set to "no")
10.6.5 Multibeast (perm stuck at the grey apple screen with the spinning wheel, graphics enabler set to "no")

Hi,

When booting verbosely it simply reboots? Should show you an error...

Best regards,
Daniel

Thanks your quick reply,

danosx86 said:
When booting verbosely it simply reboots? Should show you an error...

When my Laptop reboots, the screen turn to black-out so quickly, I can not see what error message has been displayed.
Do you have any idea to capture the error?

Now I got a little progress.
The key is 'busratio' parameter
I use boot options like this "arch=i386 -x -x32 cpus=1 busratio=9" and Snow Leopard Installer can boot up with iBoot and Retail Install DVD.
First of all, as testing, I used USB Hard drive as target and succeed installing into it.
Next I will try to install into internal SATA hard disk.
I will report later, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back