MSI Z270 M7
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

After a real success of Yosemite installation on my P5QL PRO, I decided to try El Capitan. It was a real success too, everything seems to be working fine (as far as I tested it : USB OK, Wifi OK, ETHERNET OK, sound OK...).

The only thing I cannot get to work is my IDE DVD burner. As I am quite a noob in building Hackintosh (and OSX too), how can I identify on Yosemite the working Kext for my DVD drive to try it on El Capitan ?

Thanks for your help !

Using clover configurator and editing config.plist with "FIX IDE" did solve the problem.

Now I have a fully working El Capitan Hackintosh with 4 boot options : Win 7, Win 10, OSX Yosemite, OSX El Capitan :headbang:

Using clover configurator and editing config.plist with "FIX IDE" did solve the problem.

Now I have a fully working El Capitan Hackintosh with 4 boot options : Win 7, Win 10, OSX Yosemite, OSX El Capitan :headbang:

What exactly did you do? I just noticed that I have an old IDE DVD drive installed, but it doesn't work in OSX. Would be cool to get this working.

I tried using clover configurator and checking the Fix IDE under the Fixes, but it does nothing.

Only thing I did is to install ApplePCIIDE.kext from my Yosemite install and use the IDE fix. Then it worked. I am not sure that the ApplePCIIDE.kext was needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back