Contribute
Register

iCloud Mountain Lion Issue Unable to sign in

Status
Not open for further replies.
This method doesn't always solve the problem. The problem for me was that I use a natively supported AirPort card on my PC. When I first booted up to ML it didn't detect my onboard ethernet. This caused the AirPort card to get assigned to the BSD name "en0" (see attached pic). You need to have your ethernet card assigned to "en0" to log into iCloud.

The way I resolved this was by installing the kext for my onboard ethernet and finally rebooting the machine without the PCI AirPort card in the computer. Once I did this the ethernet was assigned to "en0" and I was able to sign into iCloud. After that I just turned off the computer and put the PCI AirPort card back in, and all was good.

what kext did you install? my ethernet says the same thing and I cant fix it.

It is for me the same. I have tried all solutions, but I always get the connection error.

This worked for me:

1. Go to system preferences, network, click on the Ethernet network adapter, click the minus button at the bottom, hit apply.*

2. Go to /Library/Preferences/System Configuration/NetworkInterfaces.Plist and delete it or move it somewhere else. (just in case)

3. Open up EFI studio (Download: http://cl.ly/2s3Y0K1n0d2g2s222V1P), change device to Ethernet, then click add device. Click write to com.apple.boot.plist then put the app to the side for now.*

4. Copy this:

<key>device-properties</key>
<string></string>

5. Paste that in your org.Chameleon.boot.plist file which is located in /extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist. The key and the string match up with the others. Go back to the EFI Studio editor.

6. Copy the long number at the bottom and paste it in between the two strings in your chameleon boot plist file.

7. Save & Restart*

8. Go in to system preferences, then network, then click the plus button at the bottom.

9. Click add in the window that pops up. It should say "Ethernet". If it has "en1" or "en0" after it, then repeat the above steps.

10. After adding that hit apply and restart one last time.*

11. Go to Safari to check that you're getting internet connectivity, then continue signing into iCloud and/or the App Store!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ERhsM9pFGI

EDIT: Upon further review, it seems this is the same solution that rocrazypl posted here (#post448339) but accomplished slightly differently.

Hi I went to my preferences folder and had no SystemConfiguration folder.

I am running mac os x 10.8.2

Also I can't find the files to delete anywhere:
COM.APPLE.NETWORK.IDENTIFICATION.PLIST
NETWORKINTERFACE.PLIST

Does anyone have an idea of where these files exist on this OS version? I think this will solve my iCloud issues.

I had tried what I thought was every method on the net to solve this problem without success , this worked first time for me.

This worked for me:

1. Go to system preferences, network, click on the Ethernet network adapter, click the minus button at the bottom, hit apply.*

2. Go to /Library/Preferences/System Configuration/NetworkInterfaces.Plist and delete it or move it somewhere else. (just in case)

3. Open up EFI studio (Download: http://cl.ly/2s3Y0K1n0d2g2s222V1P), change device to Ethernet, then click add device. Click write to com.apple.boot.plist then put the app to the side for now.*

4. Copy this:

<string></string>

5. Paste that in your org.Chameleon.boot.plist file which is located in /extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist. The key and the string match up with the others. Go back to the EFI Studio editor.

6. Copy the long number at the bottom and paste it in between the two strings in your chameleon boot plist file.

7. Save & Restart*

8. Go in to system preferences, then network, then click the plus button at the bottom.

9. Click add in the window that pops up. It should say "Ethernet". If it has "en1" or "en0" after it, then repeat the above steps.

11. Go to Safari to check that you're getting internet connectivity, then continue signing into iCloud and/or the App Store!

EDIT: Upon further review, it seems this is the same solution that rocrazypl posted here (#post448339) but accomplished slightly differently.

This worked perfectly for me on the first try. Dell Optiplex 755 with Core 2 Quad. Go slowly...

Followed this to the letter and it worked perfectly for me!

Thank you SO much guys! This was the last kink I had in my setup! Much <3!!!:clap::thumbup:

This worked for me:

4. Copy this:

<string></string>

7. Save & Restart*

Flawless - very well explained. When everything else failed, this worked perfectly for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back