Contribute
Register

iCloud Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this just happen to me (yes Im dumb didn't see that you shouldn't do it). The difference is mine is an old board with plain old BIOS is there anyway to fix this with out a reinstall?

Since I don't have a board with real EFI I was able to fix it by deleting my nvram.plist of the main OS drive. Thank God. Lesson learned…DONT TOUCH LOCK IN I COULD xD

Fixed on my ProBook with real UEFI - refer to my post here: #7

Rehabman Please help
I also got stupid to lock my computer from iCloud. Now i am not able to boot directly from the boot drive. But am able to boot from the recovery drive normally.
I tried to go to singleuser mode on both drive options but in the local harddrive it is not booting anyways.
I am not recieveing any 6 digit password option in recovery mode niether any variables in the nvram if i write nvram -p in the recovery boot singleuser mode.

Please help.

Well that was stupid of me!!

Easily remedied by re-flashing the BIOS but still dumb nonetheless.

All I did was re-flash the BIOS, select the optimizes defaults, reboot, put the BIOS settings back where they belong and I was back up.

Well that was stupid of me!!

Easily remedied by re-flashing the BIOS but still dumb nonetheless.

All I did was re-flash the BIOS, select the optimizes defaults, reboot, put the BIOS settings back where they belong and I was back up.

I did that, in addition, I replaced the video card and installed OS X Sierra on a replacement hard drive. Still the same cycling system reboot. :thumbdown
HP z230 SFF workstation, btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back