Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M-D3H-Clover
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 570, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Performed a clean install of Sierra. I try to login to iCloud, gives me a generic error message, but System preferences show I'm logged into iCloud. I try to login in iTunes, I get error 5002. I login to my iCloud account via Safari, no problem. I check system preferences in iCloud and it shows I have 2 devices connected to this account. 1st is my iPhone - no problem. 2nd device is my hackintosh, but with my serial number from El Capitan build. Is this the crux of my problem - iCloud doesn't recognize the Sierra build? Do I simply change the Serial Number on the Sierra build to match the El Capitan build?

Motherboard - H77N-wifi, 3770S, 650 Ti

Performed a clean install of Sierra. I try to login to iCloud, gives me a generic error message, but System preferences show I'm logged into iCloud. I try to login in iTunes, I get error 5002. I login to my iCloud account via Safari, no problem. I check system preferences in iCloud and it shows I have 2 devices connected to this account. 1st is my iPhone - no problem. 2nd device is my hackintosh, but with my serial number from El Capitan build. Is this the crux of my problem - iCloud doesn't recognize the Sierra build? Do I simply change the Serial Number on the Sierra build to match the El Capitan build?

Motherboard - H77N-wifi, 3770S, 650 Ti

I've had no icloud login issues on Sierra, what system definition are you using ?
Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 9.24.28 AM.png

Update - I installed Sierra with sys def 14.2, El Capitan was on 13.2. Changed sys def on Sieera to 13.2, presto chango, it works. Thanks mitchellk for the rabbit trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back