CPU
Core i7-3970X
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4Gb
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I recently got a new iPad and decided to create a new iCloud email to use on my phone, iPad and computer. Big mistake.

So I was on the phone with Apple trying to get things switched over and things seemed to be going fine...then iMessage and FaceTime wouldn't activate anymore with the new AppleID. I went through and changed the password and setup the two step verification and everything works fine on my devices but not on my Yosemite Hack.

Prior to this everything was working 100%. I got spooked on the phone with Apple and ended the call. Did my machine get blacklisted?

I can't figure out why iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime won't work now.

Any ideas?

So I recently got a new iPad and decided to create a new iCloud email to use on my phone, iPad and computer. Big mistake.

So I was on the phone with Apple trying to get things switched over and things seemed to be going fine...then iMessage and FaceTime wouldn't activate anymore with the new AppleID. I went through and changed the password and setup the two step verification and everything works fine on my devices but not on my Yosemite Hack.

Prior to this everything was working 100%. I got spooked on the phone with Apple and ended the call. Did my machine get blacklisted?

I can't figure out why iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime won't work now.

Any ideas?

Did you remove your devices from your other AppleID ?
They cannot 'belong' to two AppleIDs.

Hi P1LGRIM,

So I checked my old iCloud and removed the duplicate devices. I removed all devices from my old AppleID as well. Today I setup my iCloud and AppleID on my Retina iMAC at work. I had to get on the phone with Apple support regarding Keychain giving me an issue, but got that resolved and was able to setup FaceTime, iMessage, etc. using my new AppleID. I was hoping that would clear things up on this machine as well. But I am hesitant to try logging in to iMessage or FaceTime. The apple support seemed concerned about my old iCloud being setup on several machines (previous Hackintoshes) and he wanted to know if I could try signing into my "Mac Pro."

When I logged in tonight, I got two popups asking for iCloud password, but I ignored them. I checked and my email is working fine and I went to iCloud in preferences and it is logged in properly. So I believe these popups have something to do with iMessage and FaceTime. I rebooted and the popups were there again.

I have confirmed that my iPhone and iPad are working correctly with this new AppleID as well. Email, iCloud, FaceTime, and iMessage are all good. So my AppleID is good.

Any other thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back