Contribute
Register

iCloud/ Appstore not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

try to log-out and then log-in again to the app store, this is what I recommended my son this afternoon, who was having
app-store-trouble, it helped.
With iMessage, when all "FileNVRAM.dylib" and so won't help, try to change the Apple-ID-Password, this helped me twice.
Good luck and best regards,

Kassia, Berlin

thats the thing, i could never log into the app store at all the only thingsi can log into is imessage and itunes im doing a fresh install now and gonna try a few different things and see what happens. but i still dont know what do it about not being able to sign in i feel like i tried everything

Oh man, I remember this was one of the first errors I encountered back when I first started "hackintoshing"...

This should fix your app store login issue, I copied and paste this old post a long time ago, but I can't remember the username, so credits go to whoever wrote this! :headbang:

Ok i just fixed this one myself!! (well by researching the net)..

For anyone else with similar symptoms, the ONLY way to fix this (in my case anyways) was to add the EFI string for ethernet card to the boot.plist..

To do this i:
- downloaded EFI Studio, selected Ethernet, selected Add Device. Then clicked write to com.apple.boot.plist.
- Then went to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/apple.com.boot.plist and selected the new key and string it added.
- Then coped this string and pasted into the /Extra/apple.com.boot.plist file and saved.

Then important STEP!
- Remove all network devices from System Preferences/Network.
- Delete deleting library>preferences>system configuration> NetworkInterfaces.plist file.

* Finally, Reboot.

After reboot, go to System Preferences/Network add add devices. Click (Ethernet) FIRST!! Then add the other adapters you use to connect to the internet.

Voila. App Store now works

I've attached EFI studio, but I'm not sure if it will run under mavericks, you may have to run it on an earlier version of OS X (Snow Leopard, not sure about Lion), so you can get the "EFI" string.

I hope this helps, good luck!

Attachments

• EFI_Studio.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back