i5 Ivy Bridge
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

iBoot allows my Thinkpad T61 to boot and install my retail Snow Leopard DVD, and then allows me to boot into the installation.

Native display panel resolution is used (1600x1200), sound works, the volume control keys work and the on-screen volume accurately tracks the changes. The trackpad and keyboard work, the DVD burner drive shows correctly. the ethernet connection works.

1. Why aren't we installing iBoot to the hard drive to boot the system then?
  2. Is there some way to determine from a system booted on iBoot which kexts are working so well?

The MultiBeast installer will not provide a set up that works - the built-in Thinkpad keyboard and trackpad are not recognized unless I boot from iBoot, and the display resolution is a generic 1024x768.

I have read that the Thinkpad keyboard and trackpad are PS/2 devices, but selecting that driver in MultiBeast has no effect.

How can I translate the very good support in iBoot to my machine permanently? What is iBoot, that it works so well with the native Mac OSX, but isn't installable?

Thanks,
Bret

Thanks for the reply.

The T61 Thinkpad I have uses the Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller - not ATI or Nvidia. Can you suggest what options would apply to that?

Cheers,
Bret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back