HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

I am trying to install Snow Leopard on my new machine using the iBoot method but I keep ending up at a black screen.

So this is my hardware;

GA Z77x Ud5h Motherboard
Core i5 3570
Asus GTX 550 ti
OCZ SSD
8Gb Ram

I have tried so many boot flags, and nothing seems to work.

I have tried using my graphics card and I have tried using the on board graphics.

Everytime I try and load snow leopard a lot of writing flashes on the screen (from 10 secs to 3 mins depending on what boot flag I use)
And then ends up at a black screen and the disc stops spinning?

I have tried -v, -x, graphicsenabler=no, Pcirootuid=1 and combinations of all 4, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Have you tried legacy iBoot?

rmagro

You will not be able to succeed with this for OSX10.6 due to the HD4000 Video in the CPU - an older SandyBridge CPU may work - but for osx 10.6.x Apple has no support for HD4000 - this was done for Lion and Mountain Lion.

So you will need a real mac or another hac to get a usb prepared to use to install the OSX 's 10.7 or 10.8

Hi guys,

I am trying to install Snow Leopard on my new machine using the iBoot method but I keep ending up at a black screen.

So this is my hardware;

GA Z77x Ud5h Motherboard
Core i5 3570
Asus GTX 550 ti
OCZ SSD
8Gb Ram

I have tried using my graphics card and I have tried using the on board graphics.

Everytime I try and load snow leopard a lot of writing flashes on the screen (from 10 secs to 3 mins depending on what boot flag I use)

I have tried -v, -x, graphicsenabler=no, Pcirootuid=1 and combinations of all 4, but nothing seems to work.

Thanks

As far as I can see, your system is Ivy Bridge which is not supported under Snow Leopard. You need Mountain Lion. Do you have access to a real Mac or another hacktinosh running Snow Leopard or above? Or do you have a friend that can make you a UniBeast USB stick to install Snow Leopard?

rmagro

You will not be able to succeed with this for OSX10.6 due to the HD4000 Video in the CPU - an older SandyBridge CPU may work - but for osx 10.6.x Apple has no support for HD4000 - this was done for Lion and Mountain Lion.

So you will need a real mac or another hac to get a usb prepared to use to install the OSX 's 10.7 or 10.8

The Core i5 3570 CPU the OP has contains HD2500 graphics, not HD4000. Otherwise I agree with everything you said.

As far as I can see, your system is Ivy Bridge which is not supported under Snow Leopard. You need Mountain Lion. Do you have access to a real Mac or another hacktinosh running Snow Leopard or above? Or do you have a friend that can make you a UniBeast USB stick to install Snow Leopard?

Many noobs do not have access to a Mac to create USB install of ML, but prefer to use IB rather than SB. I was originally going to go with SB and SL DVD and upgrade to ML, but with low-cost MB and unwillingness to OC to the extreme, I would get far better performance out of the 3570 (WHICH IS THE SAME PRICE!!). My thought is to purchase something like a G530 1155 chip and a 3570. Install SL on the new machine with the G530 in place and purchase ML from the App store / create ML USB install disk.

Switch the processor to the 3570 and do a fresh install of ML.

Cost of not having access to a MAC (£25:- £35 minus £10 resale value). I've waited a long time to put my hackintosh together, as I delayed dreaming of IB. Whilst it is only a die-shrink Tock, it is a better option if starting from scratch particularly as I have started to cool down on ideas of water cooled OC beast... which could potentially out pace the 3570, but at a much greater cost than a modestly overclocked i5 / i7 IB.

Any thoughts from the experts out there - is this the easiest way to get IB to ML with no access initially to ML USB installer?

Many noobs do not have access to a Mac to create USB install of ML, but prefer to use IB rather than SB. I was originally going to go with SB and SL DVD and upgrade to ML, but with low-cost MB and unwillingness to OC to the extreme, I would get far better performance out of the 3570 (WHICH IS THE SAME PRICE!!). My thought is to purchase something like a G530 1155 chip and a 3570. Install SL on the new machine with the G530 in place and purchase ML from the App store / create ML USB install disk.

Cost of not having access to a MAC (£25:- £35 minus £10 resale value). I've waited a long time to put my hackintosh together, as I delayed dreaming of IB. Whilst it is only a die-shrink Tock, it is a better option if starting from scratch particularly as I have started to cool down on ideas of water cooled OC beast... which could potentially out pace the 3570, but at a much greater cost than a modestly overclocked i5 / i7 IB.

Any thoughts from the experts out there - is this the easiest way to get IB to ML with no access initially to ML USB installer?

AgFox70

Yes as you mentioned this is a problem as Apple only allows the installer pkg for either LION or ML to be used w SL:
Also since they have stopped selling the Apple USB w the installer on it which works on Macs but can only be used to make the UniBeast USB for a hack.
We also need to know that SL is over two years old since the last update (servicepack) which would be needed for some of these newer Intel Chipsets. (Kernal update)
So as motherboards are built w newer hardware our older SL install tools will work less and less on new hardware.

One thing depending upon the situation is to use a SB CPU for the SL build ( this is sometimes overlooked) and their are older slower SB units available in both new and used markets.
Which would allow you to get SL installed and then make the USB unibeast drv then use the IB cpu and build your ML system.
One thing is that we do have is Google as Google is our friend and we can search for solutions.

You plan to install Snow Leopard with the G530 in place, download Mountain Lion and create an UniBeast USB stick, and finally put in the 3570 and install Mountain Lion?

Yes, I believe this can work depending on your motherboard and graphics card. Without access to another Mac or hacktinosh this may be a good way to get Mountain Lion installed on your system. Which motherboard and graphics card are you going to get?

You plan to install Snow Leopard with the G530 in place, download Mountain Lion and create an UniBeast USB stick, and finally put in the 3570 and install Mountain Lion?

Yes, I believe this can work depending on your motherboard and graphics card. Without access to another Mac or hacktinosh this may be a good way to get Mountain Lion installed on your system. Which motherboard and graphics card are you going to get?

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H S1155 (hence 2500K with silly OC and water cooling died)
G530 LGA1155 (£30!) & 3570K
GS8400 (as initially no built-in graphics support with G530 - this is just from my old machine and seems compatible).... Will switch to HS 4000 once 3570K is in place on ML
Samsung 830 267 GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Solid State Drive
Corsair 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600MHz (it's cheap and will help running Win 7 VMs!). Initially install one chip to avoid install probs
Corsair TX650 V2 650W ATX Enthusiast Series
Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey Mid-Tower USB 3.0 Case

ML USB thumb... my kingdom for an ML USB thumb... well OK, I could double the cost and get an iMac, but what's the fun in that!

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H S1155 (hence 2500K with silly OC and water cooling died)
G530 LGA1155 (£30!) & 3570K
GS8400 (as initially no built-in graphics support with G530 - this is just from my old machine and seems compatible).... Will switch to HS 4000 once 3570K is in place on ML
Samsung 830 267 GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Solid State Drive
Corsair 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600MHz (it's cheap and will help running Win 7 VMs!). Initially install one chip to avoid install probs
Corsair TX650 V2 650W ATX Enthusiast Series
Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey Mid-Tower USB 3.0 Case

ML USB thumb... my kingdom for an ML USB thumb... well OK, I could double the cost and get an iMac, but what's the fun in that!

AgFox70
As GB stated the G530 should allow for a SL install - one thing is that the SSD will not have trim support until 10.6.7 or 8 as Far As I understand it so be carefull w the SSD's - you may want to use a scratch drive and then swapp to the SSD for ML .
The GS8400 Video is an old standard and should work for you - it is a bit dated but workable.
TonyMac listing of supported video cards that you may find usefull - see if your GFX card is listed and to what was it tested.
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php?title=Graphics_Card_Database

Hi guys,

So this is my hardware;

GA Z77x Ud5h Motherboard
Core i5 3570
Asus GTX 550 ti
OCZ SSD
8Gb Ram

Thanks

rmagro

UPDATE
News Flash....

We have a new iBoot cd for Ivy Bridge that supports the Ivy Bridge line of CPU's and this should allow you to get you to install SL and then allow You to get to the APP store and purchase - download - make - and install a UniBeast flash Drive. :clap:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back