Graphics
Nvidia GTX 670 oc w/ Accelero water cooler
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a gigabyte z68ap-d3 rev2 with a 2500k cpu. I'm running off my hd3000 graphics with 4g of ram at 1333mhz. Also I have 2 DVD drives. My problem is I can't get iboot to read my 10.6.3 retail dvd. Is it because I'm using ivy-bridge iboot or am I just slow today. Also I have my bios stock with my HDD in ahci mode. I have had 10.6.3 on here before but it was bootleg and would not let me update. Any help would be awesome. Thank you

after u eject iboot put in dvd then press f5 key wait til light goes out if it doesnt see the dvd press f5 again the 2nd time usally works

I have a gigabyte z68ap-d3 rev2 with a 2500k cpu. I'm running off my hd3000 graphics with 4g of ram at 1333mhz. Also I have 2 DVD drives. My problem is I can't get iboot to read my 10.6.3 retail dvd. Is it because I'm using ivy-bridge iboot or am I just slow today. Also I have my bios stock with my HDD in ahci mode. I have had 10.6.3 on here before but it was bootleg and would not let me update. Any help would be awesome. Thank you
You don't need iBoot Ivy Bridge for the Sandy Bridge system. Use the standard iBoot.

I got it working finally and I don't have internet right now so I boot for IB is all I got

shafty
if this is the system specs your FIRST post is about -

then you do NOT need to use the iBoot Ivy Bridge CD to boot.

Use iBoot 3.10 from the downloads section.

here is a modified short install method for those w Sandy Bridge hardware.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How to do a sandy bridge cpu w compatible hardware OSX hack 10.6.8 build. jester969

Typical installation steps are:
1) iBoot + Disk Utility + install Snow Leopard DVD (perform install via DVD) reboot
2) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD (boot with iBoot and loading OS via newly installed HDD) - get welcome screen
3) Run Update Helper and Reboot?
4) iBoot + Installed OSX HDD, run combo update 10.6.8 , DO NOT reboot
5) Run Multibeast and select option which are required to your board and run System Utilities.
6) Reboot w/out iBoot

Audio/Ethernet/DSDT

DSDT and BIOS firmware must match to the corresponding number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back