RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
In the past, I have successfully installed Mac OS X on a Dell 530 desktop and a Samsung Netbook.

Now I have an Acer Notebook with i5 M430 CPU with ATI 5470 + Intel HD graphics and attempting to install Mac OS X on an external USB HDD (while I am waiting for the new internal HDD to arrive) but having problems installing for the last two days.

I downloaded latest iBoot and Multibeast.
I have retail dvd 10.6.0
Notebook spec:
CPU: i5 M430 @ 2.27Ghz (Dual core with Hyperthreading = four Logical CPU's)
Chipset: HM55
RAM: 4GB DDR3 RAM
Wi-Fi: Atheros AR5B93
LAN: Atheros AR8151
Audio: Realtek ALC269
Graphics: ATI 5470 and Intel HD (BIOS set to "switchable")
Camera: Built-in to the lid - works fine with iPhoto.

Steps I took:

1. Burned latest iBoot to CD-ROM and booted off an external DVD drive.

2. Installed Mac OS X 10.6.0 from the Retail DVD onto the USB HDD - installed with NO errors.

3. Booted with iBoot after the install and selected the new USB HDD with -V flag which booted new OS. Noticed a few errors re Apple HDA and AppleGlidepad (or something) but booted OK (but strangely did not see the usual Apple welcome video).

4. Entered the the usual User name, password, photo taken, etc. (I could here some faint music in the background while I was doing this. All completed and I get the usual desktop in 1024x768 and could not change it in System Preferences.

5. WiFi and LAN worked out of the box and so did the sound (looked like iBoot installed VoodooHDA ???). The touchpad does NOT work.

6. Downloaded the 10.6.7 Combo Update and started the install. At about 99% complete, I get a kernel panic. Reboot via iBoot starts loading the OS but restarts the Bios - every time - just recycles :banghead: . Did not even get a chance to run Multibeast :cry:

7. Started again - reinstalled OS and rebooted (via iBoot CD)

8. Ran Multibeast (WITHOUT updating to 10.6.7) and selected EasyBeast, System utils and MacBook Pro6,1 profiles.

9. Restarting WITHOUT iBoot CD just cycles back to BIOS->Boot->BIOS-Boot etc. I tried setting Busratio=17 (and others) but made no difference. Tried -X and made no difference.

10. If I boot with iBoot and then select the USB HDD, then the basic OS boots - but SYMBIOS.plist and Com.Apple.Boot.plist on the HDD are ignored (looks like they are taken from the iBoot CD).

So I have two problems:

1. Kernel Panic when installing 10.6.7 Combo update (near the end of the install)
2. I cannot boot the HDD after installing Multibeast (have to use iBoot CD)

I have searched the forums and noticed several people are having the same issue with this Notebook and have no solutions. I also noted that couple of folks have actually managed to get it installed on a similar model but they have not replied as to how they did it :(

Any suggestions ?

Problem with the latest Multibeast ?

What else can I try ?

Re: iBoot+Multibeast method crashes when Updating on 3820T

Bump...come come folks...going crazy now with this install ... :crazy:
Need some ideas please

Got a new HDD.

Have managed to do the base install of 10.6.0 off the retail DVD.
Booting off iBoot 3.0.4.
Updating to 10.6.7 crashes near the end of the process.
I don't get the chance to run Multibeast.

After that crash, the OS sometimes restarts after loading or just hangs.

Moved to correct forum, Laptop Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back