Contribute
Register

iBoot Method On Samsung RF511 (Sandy Bridge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nige2000 said:
can get frustrating at times
my guess is install chimera from the download section and if that don't work check your bios settings
Nope still stuck at that screen. I can only boot with iBoot-Legacy

trintin7 said:
nige2000 said:
can get frustrating at times
my guess is install chimera from the download section and if that don't work check your bios settings
Nope still stuck at that screen. I can only boot with iBoot-Legacy

Is it possible that my laptop won't boot from GPT partition ?

are you getting the chameleon / chimera boot screen before it won't boot
if you are you need to boot in verbose mode and take a photo of where it freezes or kernel panics and post it

if you are not getting chameleon boot screen it must not be installed correctly and instal chimera 1.4 from downloads section

nige2000 said:
are you getting the chameleon / chimera boot screen before it won't boot
if you are you need to boot in verbose mode and take a photo of where it freezes or kernel panics and post it

if you are not getting chameleon boot screen it must not be installed correctly and instal chimera 1.4 from downloads section

The screenshot I posted earlier is the only thing the laptop shows to me when I turn it on but thats boot from HDD. I can boot fine with iBoot Legacy and iBoot 3.0 (3.0 regonise my i7 but Legacy shows Unknown) and I should note that my BIOS support booting UEFI OS and Partition. in the initial setup I boot the installer in BIOS mode if I boot it in UEFI mode will that helps ?

I read about the 10.6.8 update if I install the update will it make my i7 and Intel HD 3000 IGP work ?

I succesfully installed 10.6.3 in my laptop (rf511 s02). I reached desktop through iboot legacy. I will try an update to 10.6.8, and if I'll success, I'll buy another Lion and try it.

Just I don't know which options to check in multibeast (apart easybeast and others things that I know.. have doubts for sound, for example, and for lan). Also, I'd like to know if there is any kext for my wi-fi (...and I don't understand which wifi I have, I guess I'll try to find device id, unless someone knows).

any clue for these doubts? thanks in advance

Hello friend, not you which you/they will be lately your progresses, hopes you have been able to install the SL in your RF511. I have the RF510 and the truth that he/she walks spectacular, although there is processor change, chipset and also your you have optimus. The topic is that if your samsung RF511, the LAN takes Marvell Yukon 88E8059, there neither is not Kext that makes it work until the moment, if you have the card WIFI I Warp Broadcom BCM94313 with Bluetooth. Alone he/she works the bluetooth but the wifi it is impossible, Me reemplaze the BCM4313 for an Atheros AR9285 and he/she works very well but I had to give up the bluetooth. The topic of the Optimus, is possible that the Intel recognizes you and not the Nvidia would have to see if there is some solution. Audio, with VodooHDA, not the one that comes since in the Multibeast that it saturates and there is not microphone. Trackpad and keyboard if with the VodooPS2, of the multibeast and also the ports USB 3.0 Nec Renesas, I wait that it serves you, greetings. :beachball:

Cool, I'll try that.

will you try lion as well?

I have this laptop with Lion 10.7.3 and everything is working except wifi and gestures for the touchpad. I ordered a USB wifi adapter so that'll make it 99% working. I don't have to use the rBoot disc or anything. Boots right from the HDD.

My Nvidia GT 540M WORKED HERE, using this Extra Folder and especific DSDT BUT many bugs about energy management (AHCI). PLEASE, I beg... if someone knows how to edit DSDT and find the error(s) (or create a kext), please post here!!! Many Thanks!
"Problematic" DSDT here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?62n5o0mhr546me6
Do u mean ALL QE and res change is working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back