Contribute
Register

iBoot just spins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you recommend doing the Lion update, I see FaceTime is part of that update which would be a + but there are other options for that. Thanks for all the help and advice RehabMan

Would you recommend doing the Lion update, I see FaceTime is part of that update which would be a + but there are other options for that. Thanks for all the help and advice RehabMan

I have no experience with hardware as old as yours, therefore no recommendations.

OK upon further review my sound does not work after the 10.6.8 upgrade. I have checked DPCIManager and I have a 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller and would like to get it working. Everything else so far is working as designed. Asking or help again please

OK upon further review my sound does not work after the 10.6.8 upgrade. I have checked DPCIManager and I have a 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller and would like to get it working. Everything else so far is working as designed. Asking or help again please

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches for patched AppleHDA are covered in the DSDT/SSDT patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Or you can try VoodooHDA.kext (never had much luck with it).

I am very much struggling to get the sound working on my hack, more help anyone.
[h=2]HP Pavilion dv6830us Laptop motherboard HP 443774-001(System Board)[/h]Intel Core2Duo

ALC892 codec, I think

Thanks for ANY more HELP

I am very much struggling to get the sound working on my hack, more help anyone.
[h=2]HP Pavilion dv6830us Laptop motherboard HP 443774-001(System Board)[/h]Intel Core2Duo

ALC892 codec, I think

Thanks for ANY more HELP

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches for patched AppleHDA are covered in the DSDT/SSDT patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Note: It is not productive to guess about your hardware details.

All right, I have found what I thought was a kext fix for my sound not working issue on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 HP dv6830us and have installed it but after I rebooted I got just a blue screen. I shutdown and rebooted again and same thing ( it seemed to be hung ). I gave up for the day and thought I had really hosed my Hackintosh. The next day when I booted it came up with no issues ( but slow ) and SOUND WAS WORKING, bizarre?? but YEA ( speakers, keyboard volume up and down and headphone jacks all worked perfect, didn't test the mic ). I shut the system down later for the day and when I boot up now the boot is really slow ( still ) but it does boot up but NO SOUND, booo. Suggestions/Ideas... After getting the info for my system via Linux live CD I have verified that I have Realtek ALC268, when I look in the system profiler, audio info shows up "Intel High Definition Audio". Thanks for any help. Sorry but I am really struggling with this.

All right, I have found what I thought was a kext fix for my sound not working issue on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 HP dv6830us and have installed it but after I rebooted I got just a blue screen. I shutdown and rebooted again and same thing ( it seemed to be hung ). I gave up for the day and thought I had really hosed my Hackintosh. The next day when I booted it came up with no issues ( but slow ) and SOUND WAS WORKING, bizarre?? but YEA ( speakers, keyboard volume up and down and headphone jacks all worked perfect, didn't test the mic ). I shut the system down later for the day and when I boot up now the boot is really slow ( still ) but it does boot up but NO SOUND, booo. Suggestions/Ideas... After getting the info for my system via Linux live CD I have verified that I have Realtek ALC268, when I look in the system profiler, audio info shows up "Intel High Definition Audio". Thanks for any help. Sorry but I am really struggling with this.

Audio instructions are in my previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back