Graphics
GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
simple question i have an ivy bridge i7 cpu so does this mean that i use the iBoot ivy bridge 1.0.0 instead of the original iBoot 3.3.0?
and is ivy bridge compatible with OS X Lion?

simple question i have an ivy bridge i7 cpu so does this mean that i use the iBoot ivy bridge 1.0.0 instead of the original iBoot 3.3.0?
and is ivy bridge compatible with OS X Lion?

iBoot ivy is to allow you to use a retail OS X Snow Leopard DVD to install SL and get to the app store to download ML without doing any post install fixes in SL to allow it to boot. What you do is:
1. Install SL with iBoot Ivy+ SL retail DVD
2. At SL desktop, forget about running MultiBeast. Go straight to Apple support and download the 10.6.8 Update (combo)
3. run 10.6.8 combo updater and reboot with iBoot Ivy
4. at desktop again, click the App Store icon in the dock, log in at the App Store - if you don't have an Apple account, (you should have one) then register for one
5. Purchase and download the Install OS X Mountain Lion.app from the App Store.
6. It puts the Install..app in your app folder.
7. Download the UniBeast app from the forum downloads.
8. Format your UniBeast USB and create your UniBeast USB installer - see http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html and install ML on your PC.

Note: I found if you use the 10.6.7 update combo, you could download Lion, but that might be because I had already purchased it previously. I would be interested to know if you can get Lion this way if you have never purchased/downloaded it.

iBoot ivy is to allow you to use a retail OS X Snow Leopard DVD to install SL and get to the app store to download ML without doing any post install fixes in SL to allow it to boot. What you do is:
1. Install SL with iBoot Ivy+ SL retail DVD
2. At SL desktop, forget about running MultiBeast. Go straight to Apple support and download the 10.6.8 Update (combo)
3. run 10.6.8 combo updater and reboot with iBoot Ivy
4. at desktop again, click the App Store icon in the dock, log in at the App Store - if you don't have an Apple account, (you should have one) then register for one
5. Purchase and download the Install OS X Mountain Lion.app from the App Store.
6. It puts the Install..app in your app folder.
7. Download the UniBeast app from the forum downloads.
8. Format your UniBeast USB and create your UniBeast USB installer - see http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html and install ML on your PC.

Note: I found if you use the 10.6.7 update combo, you could download Lion, but that might be because I had already purchased it previously. I would be interested to know if you can get Lion this way if you have never purchased/downloaded it.
how would i do this if i have the (not mountain lion just lion) os x lion disk? and when i tried to install snow leopard (i tried 4 times) i got to the part after installing multibeast and i keep getting stuck at the apple logo when i turn on the computer, i used to be able to get on by using the iboot ivy disc but after i installed some kexts now i cannot get in at all! im just stuck at the apple logo and there is no loading circle or anything!!!
my mobo is the gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H REV 1.1 if that heps at all...
thanks for helping!

how would i do this if i have the (not mountain lion just lion) os x lion disk? and when i tried to install snow leopard (i tried 4 times) i got to the part after installing multibeast and i keep getting stuck at the apple logo when i turn on the computer, i used to be able to get on by using the iboot ivy disc but after i installed some kexts now i cannot get in at all! im just stuck at the apple logo and there is no loading circle or anything!!!
my mobo is the gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H REV 1.1 if that heps at all...
thanks for helping!
There is no such thing as a Lion disc unless you made one.

Did you not read the directions I gave? Do not run MultiBeast after installing Snow Leopard. You will not be able to run SL on an Ivy build.
Go straight for the 10.6.8 update so you can log into the app store and buy ML.

If you have already bought Lion, you can try update to 10.6.7 and log into app store and see if it will let you download it. It did let me do it when I tried it. Then you can use the UniBeast for Lion to create a 10.7.5 UniBeast USB installer.

There is no such thing as a Lion disc unless you made one.

Did you not read the directions I gave? Do not run MultiBeast after installing Snow Leopard. You will not be able to run SL on an Ivy build.
Go straight for the 10.6.8 update so you can log into the app store and buy ML.

If you have already bought Lion, you can try update to 10.6.7 and log into app store and see if it will let you download it. It did let me do it when I tried it. Then you can use the UniBeast for Lion to create a 10.7.5 UniBeast USB installer.
i got the OS X Lion disc a long time ago when they still sold them at official apple stores
i tried to installit but when it makes me restart ti have to switch it back to the iboot disc because mutltibeast didn't work for me :(
it seemed that multibeast did everything right but the chameleon boot loader goes all funky and gets stuck at the apple logo

i would do it the way you said exept that my REV 1.1 version of the gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H does not have native internet connection...
i don't know what to do, i have a kext file for the internet, do i just drag that onto kext utilities?

i got the OS X Lion disc a long time ago when they still sold them at official apple storeso

Do you mean a Snow Leopard disc? Lion was never sold on a disc - only as a download or on a USB

well, never mind i used my friends mac and set up mountain lion, after many attempts of getting the correct things checked in multibeast i worked!! then i tried to install windows 7 on another partition but now the chameleon boot screen doesn't show up so it boots automatically into win 7, i redid the entire process but now when i run multibeast for mountain lion it always says installation failed!! i sometimes can just select DSDT free installation and it will properly install but after that my mouse stops working, the cursor moves but the clicks won't register so i am forced to reboot, chameleon bootloader comes up but the at the apple logo the loading circle freezes and it just sits there. i thinks that because i am using intell integrated 4000 graphics i need to set GraphicsEnabler=No but if i select anything in multibeast that is besides DSDT free the installatino fails!!
also as i side not when i got mountain lion running properly before, the resolution of my screen was limited and many videos flicker when they played.
help please.

well, never mind i used my friends mac and set up mountain lion, after many attempts of getting the correct things checked in multibeast i worked!! then i tried to install windows 7 on another partition but now the chameleon boot screen doesn't show up so it boots automatically into win 7, i redid the entire process but now when i run multibeast for mountain lion it always says installation failed!! i sometimes can just select DSDT free installation and it will properly install but after that my mouse stops working, the cursor moves but the clicks won't register so i am forced to reboot, chameleon bootloader comes up but the at the apple logo the loading circle freezes and it just sits there. i thinks that because i am using intell integrated 4000 graphics i need to set GraphicsEnabler=No but if i select anything in multibeast that is besides DSDT free the installatino fails!!
also as i side not when i got mountain lion running properly before, the resolution of my screen was limited and many videos flicker when they played.
help please.

festuz

Was your window install to the same Hard Drive that you install OSX too - if so then the Windows installer has stepped on your GUID boot loader I find this a pain haveing two partions w different OS's on one HD - suggest you get another HD say 500GB and make this the OSX drive and set it as the fist logical HD on the sata controller.
So OSX HD is port 1 Windows is Port 2 DVD is port 6 (or 3) if you not planning to buy more HD's.
Set Boot priority load for the OSX HD and SATA in AHCI.
Then install OSX again from the Thumb Drive you made.

wthen i tried to install windows 7 on another partition but now the chameleon boot screen doesn't show up so it boots automatically into win 7,
help please.

For dual booting Lion and Win7 see http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...multibooting-novice-updated-3-12-see-log.html

Also, please follow forum rules and put your hardware in your profile - this makes it much easier to help you.
mobo goes in the system box and the rest is self explanatory. You might also create a sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back