Contribute
Register

iboot Haswell error help h87-d3h

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Toten

It may be worth a go these are the specs
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/pcs/276208/advent-firefly-fp9004/specifications

The problem is it's a small unit and most of the parts are pop riveted on hence the reason not being able to get the optical drive out.
Only one side of the case has access and it's pretty cramped in there. I can't even remember if I saw the SATA inputs on the Motherboard, Only remember seeing the processor, heat sink.

Yes pictures of BIOS settings are in this post, reply number #7. I am running version f6.

It is mainly down to this macbook being refused the Mountain Lion download as it doesn't match the specs. It is something I didn't even consider I just thought if I got 10.6.8 on this macbook I could download what ever I liked from the AppStore, But Apple are always trying to be helpful and when I try to download they tell me this computer is not capable of running it. This is why I had to try and get the CustomMac running so I can get the download. I only want to run Mountain Lion for about a year then probably go to Mavericks. All about the Adobe software and don't want to go to the cloud.

I'll look into the Samsung SSD to see if I need to update.

Quick question with the Mountain Lion install can I assemble all the hardware into the build before I install the Operating System.

Thanks again

Dan

Dan
On looking at the review on the Advent PC its a socket 775 based CPU unit which would be fine for OSX SL. And maybe Mountain Lion. But I think we will have an issue w this unit for Mavericks. Also not sure if all of the items on this unit such as sound and network will work w SL as the tech specs are sketchy and we only need the Network. So these unknowns cause me some concern.

Not sure if Apple still offers the Mountain Lion OSX in the UK - this is under regional control. Currently you have to speak to tech support to get it and have a good reason - the Adobe software is one reason.
Also that would mean you would need to purchase Mountain Lion. If you can get it then you want 10.8.5 for this hardware. You still need to get the UNIBEAST to run and make the thumb drive.

As to the MacBook - yes some of the older units were limited to OSX options and LION was it so this is another issue you have. This could also be an issue on the iMac MINI as well. What we need is an intern unit something between the to. Are they any Macs at work that you know of and can use or friends w Macs.

PS - just to clarify found these settings in other posts for the motherboard you have and as to the bios many had the F5 version.
xHCI mode = auto
xHCI Hand Off = enabled
EHCI Hand Off = enabled
X.M.P. memory profile = profile1
Vt-D disabled

Ok other strange ideas - using a Real Mac w what ever OSX on it it has (SL LION ML) - clone the boot drive to a spare hdd - and then from the Real Mac install the bootloader chimera to it and then select the kexts from unibeast and install to it cloned drive - this has been done in the past then take to your hack and see if you can boot w this drive.
Warning do not do this to the Mac Drive or it wont boot.

Of course we will still need to use boot switches for this like we do now.

Dan
On looking at the review on the Advent PC its a socket 775 based CPU unit which would be fine for OSX SL. And maybe Mountain Lion. But I think we will have an issue w this unit for Mavericks.

Just throwing this out there but I have an P5PL-LE with LGA775 with a core 2 duo this was my very first Hackintosh running Mavericks fine although i do have supported audio and ethernet and wifi card.

Just throwing this out there but I have an P5PL-LE with LGA775 with a core 2 duo this was my very first Hackintosh running Mavericks fine although i do have supported audio and ethernet and wifi card.

Carpentryplus25

Yes this is the know joy's of a Hack VS a real Mac - in the Hack world we have some flexibility whereas in the Mac world we dont - Apple has mentioned that Mavericks will not install on hardware w 775 socket cpu's which I take to mean their hardware w socket 775 CPU's. And as the App Store check the hardware before downloads this is their gotcha to enforce that policy. As I have no real macs and also have only Downloaded Mavericks to my newer hardware (ivy bridge) I can't say if this works for those w Hacks and have the socket 775 CPU's.
So as w all things your mileage may vary.

dannials

I did update that post w my ideas....

Sorry your having so much difficulty w this but your hamstrung do to the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back