Graphics
R9 280X
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, so I'm in a big ol' bind. Just got my set up for my first hackintosh today and I'm having problems booting into iBoot-GE without getting a kernel panic. Everything is up and running, and this is the only obstacle holding me back from installing snow leopard.

My setup is:
Gigabyte-p55-USB3
Gigabyte GTS 450 1gb
i5-760
2gb crucial ram
Spinpoint F3
Samsung HD

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this. I know support for the GTS 450 is still kind of new but I figured since the new iBoot-GE + Nvdia update mentioned support for it, I thought I'd give it a try.

Could you post a pic of KP?

Yeah, here you go...

Hopefully you can read it.

I'm also getting the first img. if I boot into verbose. I'm pretty sure it goes hand in hand, but hopefully gives you more information.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    356.2 KB · Views: 188
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    351.2 KB · Views: 224
Ok, so i've made small progress with this. I'm starting to get real frustrated :banghead: So pretty much i'm getting into iBoot/Chameleon now, but before it can finish doing it's thing - where it scrolls down some text - it gives me a "Kext es.osx86.driver.Ev0reboot - Failed to load (0xdc00800e)" problem. Hopefully someone out there can help. I was so excited about my build and now, i've lost all hope. :cry:

Will do, thanks!! :headbang: I'll make sure to update this as I go along.

EDIT: IT WORKED! Thanks man, you're the best. It turns out I hadn't set first disk priority to CD/DVD Drive, and instead was on USB. Didn't know something as small as that could derail my installations. Well anyways... I'm updating to Mac OS 10.6.5 right now, and everything is running smooth as butter. For your help, I'd like to treat you to a red lobster dinner, in form of a contribution :thumbup: . Thanks again bud, you don't know how high my spirit is now. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back