Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys,

So it's the following:

I had a perfecty running Snow Leopard system on my Asus P6T SE Motherboard until my old nvidia graphics card crashed (Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS).

So yesterday I bought a new one, the ZOTAC 480GTX (Fermi). I found out that it's compatible so I followed this guide ( http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/11/ ... -os-x.html ) to install the new Snow Leopard on my system.

I tried to boot with iBoot GE disk (which is okay) then I change the cd's and boot in verbose mode to see whats going on.

The problem is, that I get the "Still waiting for root device" error. I have no idea why since I set my SATA's to AHCI (JMicron controler is set to AHCI as well).

I tried everything I'm pretty desperate. I had a wonderful SL working on the exact same machine and now I get this stupid error.

Please help me, what can I do?

Dave

EDIT: My System:

Motherboard: Asus P6T Se
CPU: i7 920 @ 2.88 GHZ
RAM: 12GB CROSSAIR DDR3 1333
Graphic: ZOTAC 480 GTX

Attachments

• lol1.jpg
    lol1.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 313
  • lol2.jpg
    lol2.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 312
Solved!

How: I changed SATA to IDE COMPABILITY mode and JMicron to IDE.

Now it works but now I get a new Error: BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

I attached a jpg.

What is causing this? I found out that it's maybe because of the DSDT. How do I change the DSDT in the iBoot ISO?

Help would be appreciated!

Dave

Attachments

• roflcopter.jpg
    roflcopter.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 312
davevegas said:
Solved!

How: I changed SATA to IDE COMPABILITY mode and JMicron to IDE.

Now it works but now I get a new Error: BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

I attached a jpg.

What is causing this? I found out that it's maybe because of the DSDT. How do I change the DSDT in the iBoot ISO?

Help would be appreciated!

Dave
There is no DSDT in the iBoot ISO.

We are in the same "sinking" boat. For me I am sure it's the DSTD because i tried to change something there..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back