Contribute
Register

Iboot for Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
:beachball: yeah, waiting for a working iboot for Lion!

Tonymacx -- is this technically possible?.... :beachball:

rorogio said:

Chimera Stand Alone works off a USB fine, given you've removed PlatformSupport.plist and copied/set permissions to FakeSMC.kext on a fresh Lion install already.

Although I think we're all looking for a iBoot that boots a OS X Lion install DVD and boots a freshly installed Lion.

kaabob said:
rorogio said:

Chimera Stand Alone works off a USB fine, given you've removed PlatformSupport.plist and copied/set permissions to FakeSMC.kext on a fresh Lion install already.

Although I think we're all looking for a iBoot that boots a OS X Lion install DVD and boots a freshly installed Lion.

macgenius6: If you attempt to remove PlatformSupport.plist, the Installer blocks the install with an error message that an attempt was made to use a "hacked" version of the Install.

macgenius6 said:
macgenius6: If you attempt to remove PlatformSupport.plist, the Installer blocks the install with an error message that an attempt was made to use a "hacked" version of the Install.

Oh.. interesting. No wonder tutorials say to remove it AFTER a lion install. Never figured out what the plist is actually for tho.

tonyvma said:
Any ideas when an Iboot that will work with Lion is coming out? I had Lion working perfectly and then I created a new partition but forgot to rerun multibeast to reinstall the bootloader. So now I can't boot into Lion. I had some troubles getting Lion to work and don't really remember what I did to get it to work. I don't want to risk starting from scratch and loose a working install.

Edit: Or is there a way to install the bootloader any other way?

Thanks

I had issues with this also. I figured it out though.

• 1. Get into Snow Leopard (Cause you made a working backup right? Sure you did cause who's awesome? You're awesome!).
    2. Open multi beast and select the System Utilities options cause you'll have to re-enter your settings again anyway. Click continue.
    3. Choose your install location to your troubled partition. You'll then be asked to make your selections again. Check anything that you will need just as if you were doing it for a clean install. Click Continue, click install, enter password. You're done!!
    4. ???
    5. Profit!!

macaddictcr said:
I had issues with this also. I figured it out though.

• 1. Get into Snow Leopard (Cause you made a working backup right? Sure you did cause who's awesome? You're awesome!).
    2. Open multi beast and select the System Utilities options cause you'll have to re-enter your settings again anyway. Click continue.
    3. Choose your install location to your troubled partition. You'll then be asked to make your selections again. Check anything that you will need just as if you were doing it for a clean install. Click Continue, click install, enter password. You're done!!
    4. ???
    5. Profit!!

Thanks for the idea! After 2 tries it actually worked!
  • 1. Yes, I was that awesome to have a backup on an external HDD :)
    2. I entered Leo 10.6.8 from it, and using Multibeast, I chose Lion HDD as destination.
    3. I had to remove AppleHDA.kext as it was making KP in combination with Voodoo 2.7.2 that I installed)
    4. I rolled back the USB with IOUSBFamily Rollback
    5. Profit as you say!!! :thumbup:

PS: as a conclusion --
you need to install 10.6.3, on HDD, update to 10.6.8, back it up on external HDD, install Lion over internal HDD as Tonymac method says, enter on external HDD and Multibeast the internal HDD --
that's a no way for the long run! :banghead:

still hope for the iboot for Lion! :beachball:

Not sure if this is an old post but I was just browsing for an issue with passwords and sleep.

Any to boot into LION you need RBOOT or if your using a laptop use RBOOT-LE

if your tired of using the cd you can actually "cp -R" (direct copy) the rboot onto flash drive. Or what I did was cp -R it onto the MAC hdd. That way I don't need to have my cd or flash plugged in.

Process:

Open Finder preferences pane and make sure Hard Drive is ticked in "show these on desktop"

Mount Rboot or Rboot-LE if your using laptop

Then open Terminal
type sudo sh
type password

type cp -R drag the Rboot mounted drive into the terminal
then backspace once and type /* (if it has the / already just type *)
hit space
now drag the MAC hdd
hit enter

then I run repair disk from disk utility just in case.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back