gtx 250
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I downloaded the IBOOT and IBOOT LEGACY, but I´m having the same problem with both.
I boot my pc with IBOOT and it´s working fine but when I change to the MAC OS X DVD it won´t load in IBOOT... nothing apears
This is my configuration

-MOBO - Asus P6t
-Chipset - Intel Tylersburg X58
-CPU - I7 920 2800MHZ
-Memory - Kingston 6x2gb
-GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 1gb

Hi,

I downloaded the IBOOT and IBOOT LEGACY, but I´m having the same problem with both.
I boot my pc with IBOOT and it´s working fine but when I change to the MAC OS X DVD it won´t load in IBOOT... nothing apears
This is my configuration

-MOBO - Asus P6t
-Chipset - Intel Tylersburg X58
-CPU - I7 920 2800MHZ
-Memory - Kingston 6x2gb
-GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 1gb

Renatot3d
First off your Specs for the Hard drive in the BIOS are set to AHCI or at least Enhanced IDE!

Ok so you get the TonyMacx86 icon and you see to symbols on the screen
If not do you press Function key F5 to refresh the screen /scan the dvd media.
If you do show two icons symbols what are the names.

Also can you post a picture of your Apple DVD so we can see it -

Yes I changed the Specs to AHCI.

When the TonyMacx86 apears I hit the F5 but the OS X DVD don´t apear. The Iboot icon disapear and the only icons left are the Windows NTFS and my hdd

Yes I changed the Specs to AHCI.

When the TonyMacx86 apears I hit the F5 but the OS X DVD don´t apear. The Iboot icon disapear and the only icons left are the Windows NTFS and my hdd

Renatit3d

Are you able to take a picture of the Apple DVD and post it - if not please descripe what it looks like - and yes we know its round. We are looking to see if their is any text - artwork - description on it - thats why I asked for pic

The first attachment is with Iboot Legacy loaded and the sencond is after I refresh it. I tried with Iboot too but the same thing happens

Attachments

• Iboot_01.jpg
    Iboot_01.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 1,197
  • Iboot_02.jpg
    Iboot_02.jpg
    596.3 KB · Views: 718
The first attachment is with Iboot Legacy loaded and the sencond is after I refresh it. I tried with Iboot too but the same thing happens

Renatot3d

Thanks for the images you posted - we do see that you dont get the Apple DVD icon after the refresh -

Suggest we try an experiment - see if you can place the MS Windows DVD or a CD that has another Volume name - as that is what iBoot is displaying on the screen, the Drive names.
What works well is to get a LINUX Boot CD - you have to make it (download and Burn to media).

Repeat the process except when you swap to the Apple DVD insert the Linux CD and press F5 - see it that image comes up on the screen - cause at this time I think you have a BAD APPLE DVD.

Also What I wanted to see was as PHOTO of the current Apple DVD - so set in on a piece of paper (white) and take a snap of the cover of the DVD and post it please.

You should also see if you can take a picture of the BIOS screen where you set the Disk Drive to AHCI - as I think that is the problem - your windows is booting from IDE mode not AHCI -

You should have the manual - if not download that from this link
http://support.asus.com/download/download_item_mkt.aspx?slanguage=en-us&model=P6T

Look at page 3-14 - section 3.3.6 - Storage Configuration
You have 3 choices - Disabled - Compatable - Enhanced - Use Enhanced
Under that you see Configure SATA as ...IDE/RAID/AHCI- we want ahci
If this is set to IDE changing it to AHCi breaks your Windows and you will not boot up - you need to change this in Windows
then make the change in the BIOS -

Once this is done the Apple DVD will be seen in iBoot:

you can look here for how to on making the change fomr IDE to AHCi - but before you do anything - check your settings in the BIOS - find it first - then make changes in Windows - then change the bios settings - and reboot - all should be well

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/9...o-ahci-without-repairingreinstalling-windows/

Or if your not one of the REGEDIT fans
this link
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-my-hard/09a0eac7-a775-416f-b30b-219fcaab2ac9
Their is a second link to a download that does it magically
this is the Evil Empires file name - MicrosoftFixit50470.msi - this is only for Vista and W7
Havent used this - I always set my hardware to AHCI or RAID for what I do - IDE is just so 80's....

Ok so good luck... and remember - that "jumping out of a perfectly good airplane makes no sense at all "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back