Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I think I may have problem with iBoot –ATI-5xxx-3 . So let me explain from the beginning.

Computer hardware:
1. Before I begun I made sure that my 5870 graphic card is in the 1st PCIe slot. The monitor I plugged to the first DVI from the top.
2. I removed any USB peripherals except mouse and keyboard.
3. I unplugged all HD’s besides the blank drive for OS X. Formatted HD I plugged to internal connector SATA1 on my ASUS Maximus III Formula motherboard.
4. I removed any PCI cards besides graphics.

Motherboard BIOS settings:
1. I set BIOS to SATA AHCI mode
2. Unfortunately I couldn’t find HPET in my BIOS settings. I know I should set HPET to 64-bit mode but where shall I look after this artifact???
3. Boot priority to CD/DVD

Install Mac OS X:
1. So I have downloaded iBoot –ATI-5xxx-3 as I have 5870 graphics card. The ISO image I burned to DVD instead of CD.

So these are settings that I made it. When I restart computer I could see 2 icons:
• iBoot –ATI-5xxx-3
• Mac OS X

After pressing iBoot-ATI-5xxx-3 I was getting this communicate:

Panic (CPU 0 caller): “Unable to find driver for this platform: \â€ACPI\â€.\nâ€@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu -1504.7.4/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp :1389
Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame :Return Address (4 potential args on stack)
0x54763da8 :0x216455……………
………………………………………………..
……………………………………………….
…………………………………………………….
……………………………………………………..
………………………………………………
…………………………………………….. All this dots means – 7 rows with some addresses

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown
Mac OS version:
Not yet set
Kernel Version
Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.0: Fri April …………â¦.
System uptime in nanoseconds: 19538…..

Also the window popped up with the communicate (in 5 different languages):

“You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again.â€

I forgot to mention that my processor model is: Intel i5 2.66MHz. So I changed DVD with iBoot to DVD with Mac OS X. I pressed F5 and nothing at all. I have restarted computer couple times but without the success.

Any ideas what would be the problem?

lucas_kiwi said:
Hi all,

I think I may have problem with iBoot –ATI-5xxx-3 . So let me explain from the beginning.

Computer hardware:
1. Before I begun I made sure that my 5870 graphic card is in the 1st PCIe slot. The monitor I plugged to the first DVI from the top.
2. I removed any USB peripherals except mouse and keyboard.
3. I unplugged all HD’s besides the blank drive for OS X. Formatted HD I plugged to internal connector SATA1 on my ASUS Maximus III Formula motherboard.
4. I removed any PCI cards besides graphics.

Motherboard BIOS settings:
1. I set BIOS to SATA AHCI mode
2. Unfortunately I couldn’t find HPET in my BIOS settings. I know I should set HPET to 64-bit mode but where shall I look after this artifact???
3. Boot priority to CD/DVD

Install Mac OS X:
1. So I have downloaded iBoot –ATI-5xxx-3 as I have 5870 graphics card. The ISO image I burned to DVD instead of CD.

So these are settings that I made it. When I restart computer I could see 2 icons:
• iBoot –ATI-5xxx-3
• Mac OS X

After pressing iBoot-ATI-5xxx-3 I was getting this communicate:

Panic (CPU 0 caller): “Unable to find driver for this platform: \â€ACPI\â€.\nâ€@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu -1504.7.4/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp :389
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame :Return Address (4 potential args on stack)
0x54763da8 :0x216455……………
………………………………………………..
……………………………………………….
…………………………………………………….
……………………………………………………..
………………………………………………
…………………………………………….. All this dots means – 7 rows with some addresses

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown
Mac OS version:
Not yet set
Kernel Version
Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.0: Fri April …………….
System uptime in nanoseconds: 19538…..

Also the window popped up with the communicate (in 5 different languages):

“You need to restart your computer.Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again.â€

I forgot to mention that my processor model is: Intel i5 2.66MHz. So I changed DVD with iBoot to DVD with Mac OS X. I pressed F5 and nothing at all. I have restarted computer couple times but without the success.

Any ideas what would be the problem?
For some reason sometimes it doesn't work when burned to a DVD or some CD-RW discs. You need to re-burn to a CD.

Also, iBoot is a boot helper and not a live OS.

Thank you MacMan. I'll try with CD

I've burned the image to CD-R with very low speed and I'm getting the same message.

Thank you with advance!

Please , please can anybody help me. I'm quite desperate now. I've been trying to figure out what is going on for so so many hours :? . I have even updated my motherboard BIOS and still nothing.

hi lucas

I'm definitely a newbie but i had the same problem installing 10.6.3 retail with iBoot -ATI-5xxx-3 but worked with flags -v cpus=1 lol dont ask me why but it did

try it and good luck

Thank you for respond.
Yes, i've tried various combination of arguments -x -v -f busratio=20 cpus=1 and nothing. With -v cpus=1 I'm getting:

Kext es.osx86.driver.EvOreboot - library kext com.apple.kpi.iokit not found.
Kect es.osx86.driver.EvOreboot failed to load (0xds00800e)
Failed to load kext es.osx8.driver.EvOreboot (error 0xdc00800e)
Could't alloc class "es_osx86_EvOreboot"
panic(cpu 0 caller): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/Extra/builds/xnu/xnu-1456.1.26/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1393
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)

I am booting from a SATA CD/DVD drive. I don't realy know what is going on.

Any suggestions?

I'm thinking maybe a bios setting or
maybe a bad disk(is it a retail SL?) worth burning them again?

digitalsin said:
I'm thinking maybe a bios setting or
maybe a bad disk(is it a retail SL?) worth burning them again?
Are you using a purchased retail version of Snow Leopard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back