Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, guy...today I booted my Hackintosh...It did the gpt stuff and then there was only a line with a blinking cursor under it...same thing when trying to boot from an iboot cd...
It doesnt do anything else :banghead:

I Think theres a Problem with a corrupt file on the hackintosh disk, because i can boot with iboot when the disk is disconnected...

I would be very happy if u can help me, i have important data on this machine...
Nicolas

I am having the exact same issue. Doesn't matter which of my backup partitions I use, I get that same blinking cursor before Chimera even comes up.

dmbpettit said:
I am having the exact same issue. Doesn't matter which of my backup partitions I use, I get that same blinking cursor before Chimera even comes up.
Try to umplug the boot disk and to boot with iboot.
It happens that you cannot boot even with iboot when installation is corrupted (in particular GPT).
If it works, check that your bios is set for hot pluging.
Then you can boot with a repair tool and plug the disk after boot and repair.

Solved it. I unplugged every drive except for the boot and it worked. I then booted a few more times adding my hard drives one by one. I then found that my 4TB Time Machine drive was causing the issue. I connected it via USB and it was not longer formatted correctly. So I reformatted and everything is good now.

Solved it. I unplugged every drive except for the boot and it worked. I then booted a few more times adding my hard drives one by one. I then found that my 4TB Time Machine drive was causing the issue. I connected it via USB and it was not longer formatted correctly. So I reformatted and everything is good now.

Thanks, dmbpettit. That did the trick for me as well... I was stuck on the blinking white cursor on my initial Unibeast boot on my build. I should have known better, but I simply had too much stuff plugged in... 6 HDDs, 3 SSDs, 2 CPUs. I still got a kernel panic, but I never even got this far the first few attempts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back