CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys! I’m 1000% newb. I’ve googled everywhere and am getting mixed results in cooling the i9-9900k CPU. It seems the D15 works but my case won’t allow it. It will however accept the D15s. The cooler and CPU are the only components I haven’t purchased yet because I’m not certain if I can keep it cool.

My question: Does anyone have real world over clocking results and kept the temp down?

Damn... I figured this was a difficult issue. :/

Hey guys! I’m 1000% newb. I’ve googled everywhere and am getting mixed results in cooling the i9-9900k CPU. It seems the D15 works but my case won’t allow it. It will however accept the D15s. The cooler and CPU are the only components I haven’t purchased yet because I’m not certain if I can keep it cool.

My question: Does anyone have real world over clocking results and kept the temp down?

I use an NH-D15S with my i9-9900K. I have four cores at 5.1GHz and four cores at 5.0GHz.

The NH-D15S and NH-U12A are great.

Thanks guys. I’ve read everywhere that if you use a water cooler, it’s gotta be pretty big for it to even make a difference over an air cooler. I didn’t anticipate the cooling when I bought the case, so I’m stuck with something smaller. I think I’m gonna grab the D15S and if I run into issues I guess I’ll reconsider. :/

Tests seem to show that the D15S cools just as well as the D15. If the D15S fits, you'd be hard pressed to find any cooler that will cool much better, and if you find one it will probably be louder, more expensive, and have shorter warranty.

I installed a D15S on my 9900K this weekend (in a Corsair 275R case), but I haven't done any stress testing at all, and have not yet set up any overclocking. (But with just doing some basic software installations, and even playing Firewatch for a bit, I never saw it more then 10°C above ambient.)

My D15(not s) has zero problems keeping my 9900k cool, and before that my 6700k. Very quiet too.
But it's huge, I can't use my first x16 PCIe slot for my bulky RX480 on the Z390 Designare.
Didn't have that problem with my former Z170x-UD5-TH.

Good to hear. Y’all eased my worries on this subject. I have both the CPU and D15S coming day after tomorrow and I can finally piece my Hack together!

NH-D15S for sure

Check out PCcooler GI-X6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back