Contribute
Register

i9 9900k / Asus Prime z390-A -- Clover / Mojave Update Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never used SSDT-XOSI so, as far as I'm concerned, it's never been needed.

USBX is integrated in to SSDT-EC-USBX.

That was a patch for a bug that I never ran across. But it was vit9696 who came with it and I just added it and never removed it.
But SSDT-EC-USBX is not in the Z390 folder @ post #4.

In such EFI there are SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-PMC.aml

But SSDT-EC-USBX is not in the Z390 folder @ post #4.

In such EFI there are SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-PMC.aml

Ah. I missed that. Still, USBX is just there to help with powering high powered USB devices. The system can run fine without it.

Please replace SSDT-EC with this one.

Are you having problems with my EFI?

Attachments

• SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
    278 bytes · Views: 54
Yes. Set your RX 580 to primary in BIOS.

Move monitor cable from motherboard to RX 580.
Hi PastryChef,

Thanks for your help. My hackintosh is working fine and no issue. I am wondering if it is a good idea to upgrade to Catalina. I saw you have a new EFI for Clover 5126/5127. Would that EFI work with upgrade of Catalina or just update my EFI?

Hi PastryChef,

Thanks for your help. My hackintosh is working fine and no issue. I am wondering if it is a good idea to upgrade to Catalina. I saw you have a new EFI for Clover 5126/5127. Would that EFI work with upgrade of Catalina or just update my EFI?

It's up to you if you want to update to Catalina or Big Sur or just stay on whatever version of macOS you are on... Personally, I'm on Big Sur for all my systems except for one old laptop.

Always test new EFI folders from a USB flash drive first. Do not use your old config.plists with new versions of Clover or OpenCore. Copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC address (OpenCore only) to the new config.plists.

It's up to you if you want to update to Catalina or Big Sur or just stay on whatever version of macOS you are on... Personally, I'm on Big Sur for all my systems except for one old laptop.

Always test new EFI folders from a USB flash drive first. Do not use your old config.plists with new versions of Clover or OpenCore. Copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC address (OpenCore only) to the new config.plists.
Thanks for getting back to me. As for the config.plists, I should use the one from the EFI folder and keep Serial, Board Serial and UUID. Do I need to modify the new config.plist with the customs ACPI, kernel patches, and boot options.

Thanks for getting back to me. As for the config.plists, I should use the one from the EFI folder and keep Serial, Board Serial and UUID. Do I need to modify the new config.plist with the customs ACPI, kernel patches, and boot options.

Use the new config.plist included in the new EFI folder. Then, copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, UUID from your old config.plist to the new one.

Look in config.plist > Devices > Properties and delete everything there except the audio device.

You should always create your own USB ports kext. Please see the following guide:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back