Contribute
Register

i9 9900k / Asus Prime z390-A -- Clover / Mojave Update Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up. Got that figured out. I'm having issues with shutting down the system. Any thoughts?

Additionally, my second display won't work, but I'm aware that's probably because of the integrated graphics.

Thanks again!

What happens when you try to shut down? In /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/, you will find AptioMemoryFix. This may or may not be the best Aptio fix for your system. You can try replacing it with OsxAptioFix3Drv, OsxAptioFixDrv, or OsxLowMemFixDrv. The only way to know which is best for your system is through trial and error...

I don't have much experience with multi-monitor setups. I only have one monitor. It's possible that you may require framebuffer patching to fix connector. Search the framebuffer patching guide in the Post Installation > Graphics section for more info.

What happens when you try to shut down? In /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/, you will find AptioMemoryFix. This may or may not be the best Aptio fix for your system. You can try replacing it with OsxAptioFix3Drv, OsxAptioFixDrv, or OsxLowMemFixDrv. The only way to know which is best for your system is through trial and error...

I don't have much experience with multi-monitor setups. I only have one monitor. It's possible that you may require framebuffer patching to fix connector. Search the framebuffer patching guide in the Post Installation > Graphics section for more info.

So when I go to shut down and restart one of two different things happen:

1) the screen freezes, cpu ramps up for a second, and then it goes back to idle. Have to do a hard shut down.

2) The screen clears, goes black, fans slow down a lot, but system stays running. Can’t “wake it up” or anything, so it’s like it’s shutting down the OS but not the hardware.

I check out the memory fix options tonight. As well as the frame buffer — I keep trying to get it to recognize my thunderbolt and trying that for display, but I’ve read that can be pretty hit or miss depending on the board.

So when I go to shut down and restart one of two different things happen:

1) the screen freezes, cpu ramps up for a second, and then it goes back to idle. Have to do a hard shut down.

2) The screen clears, goes black, fans slow down a lot, but system stays running. Can’t “wake it up” or anything, so it’s like it’s shutting down the OS but not the hardware.

I check out the memory fix options tonight. As well as the frame buffer — I keep trying to get it to recognize my thunderbolt and trying that for display, but I’ve read that can be pretty hit or miss depending on the board.

Sounds like an Aptio fix problem... When you start your trial and error testing, try OsxAptioFix3Drv first...

Please try this one.
Will this EFI work with a new Mojave install? I am getting stuck at the pci configuration end. I used this EFI and working until it has blank screen. any help would be great.

Will this EFI work with a new Mojave install? I am getting stuck at the pci configuration end. I used this EFI and working until it has blank screen. any help would be great.

That's a very old EFI. There are better ways to do things now.

How is your monitor connected? HDMI? DisplayPort?

Have you set DVMT Prealloc to be 64MB or higher?

Please try booting in verbose mode and video the boot process. I need to see what the kernel panic is.

That's a very old EFI. There are better ways to do things now.

How is your monitor connected? HDMI? DisplayPort?

Have you set DVMT Prealloc to be 64MB or higher?

Please try booting in verbose mode and video the boot process. I need to see what the kernel panic is.

Thanks for the reply. I am connected to the HDMI (ASUS z390 prime-a). I set the memory to 128MB.

I even created a vanilla Unibeast Mojave again. Any help would be great. I have began trying with Mojave and Catalina and both have no luck.

Attachments

• IMG_9550.m4v.zip
    98.7 MB · Views: 130
  • EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9553.jpg
    IMG_9553.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9551.jpg
    IMG_9551.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_9546.jpg
    IMG_9546.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_9544.jpg
    IMG_9544.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_9542.jpg
    IMG_9542.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_9543.jpg
    IMG_9543.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_9541.jpg
    IMG_9541.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 76
Thanks for the reply. I am connected to the HDMI (ASUS z390 prime-a). I set the memory to 128MB.

I even created a vanilla Unibeast Mojave again. Any help would be great. I have began trying with Mojave and Catalina and both have no luck.

I don't think you will ever be able to boot in to macOS with this EFI. Please try the EFI from my Z390 build, post #4. Link is below in my signature.

I don't think you will ever be able to boot in to macOS with this EFI. Please try the EFI from my Z390 build, post #4. Link is below in my signature.
I am going to try your EFI and get back to you. thanks.

I am going to try your EFI and get back to you. thanks.

Great news, I was able to boot into the Mac OS install screen after I switched my display from HDMI to DisplayPort in the middle of the boot process. I was able to install the Mojave on a temporary old sata drive until my nvme arrived. Also, I will be receiving my Sapphire RX 580 GPU soon. Can I simply plug the GPU and will it work? Since I have the i7-9700k cpu, do I really need to changed the smbios? Also, do I need to run the hacktool for configuring the USB ports?

Guess the unibeast install - EFI - was not enough. Do you know the reason why? Finally, I want to thank you for your help. I was going crazy for couple of days. I hope you don't mind me asking you for help in the future.

Great news, I was able to boot into the Mac OS install screen after I switched my display from HDMI to DisplayPort in the middle of the boot process. I was able to install the Mojave on a temporary old sata drive until my nvme arrived. Also, I will be receiving my Sapphire RX 580 GPU soon. Can I simply plug the GPU and will it work? Since I have the i7-9700k cpu, do I really need to changed the smbios? Also, do I need to run the hacktool for configuring the USB ports?

Guess the unibeast install - EFI - was not enough. Do you know the reason why? Finally, I want to thank you for your help. I was going crazy for couple of days. I hope you don't mind me asking you for help in the future.

Yeah, just plug in the video card and go. You don't need to do anything else.

You don't need to change the system definition if you don't want to.

Yes, you should fix USB the included solution is considered "temporary".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back