I'm building a new Hackintosh with this configuration :

CPU : i9 13900K
Motherboard : Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI D5
RAM : 32Go
GPU : Asus ROG STRIX AMD RX 6600XT
HardDrive :
1) WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe
2) SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe Gen 4 Gaming M.2

Up to my last Hackintosh I was following the Dortania installation guide, but the 13th Intel gen isn't taken in consideration in this guide. So, what is the way to create the correct EFI for this setup ? What DSDT and SSDT, args, drivers, kexts ? I found some EFI for this MB but I wonder how people do to create their EFI on MB + CPU not documented yet ?

Thanks !

Hello,

HardDrive :

Up to my last Hackintosh I was following the Dortania installation guide, but the 13th Intel gen isn't taken in consideration in this guide. So, what is the way to create the correct EFI for this setup ? What DSDT and SSDT, args, drivers, kexts ? I found some EFI for this MB but I wonder how people do to create their EFI on MB + CPU not documented yet ?

Thanks !
The Z790 and Z690 chipsets are very similar and outside of possible network and USB configuration differences the EFI build is almost, if not the same, start here:

Hello,

HardDrive :

Thanks !
Hello,

HardDrive :

Thanks !
I also have this exact board and this is how I got this board booted into Ventura and Sonoma.

I downloaded @CaseySJ EFI from the post that was shown by @Leesureone, then downloaded the latest EFI from Dortania from the link below, Matched up my config to Casey's, installed windows 11 on a new NVME drive, used SSDTTime to create my DSDT and board specific SSDT's, added those onto a usb drive and added the needed SSDT's and patches into ACPI-Add and ACPI-Patch. Systems booted perfectly and had very high Geekbench scores. I have the same CPU. I use iMacPro 1.1 for SMBIOS and used a RX6950XT. I would share the EFI but have since removed the drives and installed them into my Z790 ProArt and given that to my son for gaming.

@suren6791 Since you moved to the z790 ProArt, how are you liking it? Care to share your EFI for that build? Any issues with NIC or USB ports?

@suren6791 Since you moved to the z790 ProArt, how are you liking it? Care to share your EFI for that build? Any issues with NIC or USB ports?
No issues with Z790 ProArt. USB and both NICs work as it should. I will share the EFI when I get home later but it was really easy. I downloaded @CaseySJ EfI from Post 1, downloaded the latest OpenCore files from Dortania site, created all my SSDT and ACPI patches in Windows using SSDTTime, copied these onto a USB and booted into Mac, created my EFI and config using what I downloaded from Dortania and configured it as per EFI from @CaseySJ, booted and all works well. The Z690 ProArt and Z790 are basically the same boards with USB layouts etc the same.

@OOBIDUB Find attached my EFI OC 0.9.6. Note that I have all my USB ports enabled.

Attachments

• EFI - Z790 ProArt BCM WIFI.zip
    39.3 MB · Views: 222
System: Z790 ProArt with i9 13900 and AMD RX 6800 XT, OC 0.9.6 all kext updated.

I have 2 system in place on 2 different M.2:

1) Ventura 13.6 running on MacPro7,1 SMB adapted from the CaseySJ's Z670 Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT . (EFI_7 attached)
- well working (Audio ok) except wake from USB/Bluetooth; wake-up only with power button. Without this sleep immediatelly wakes-up and then crashes with board boot red light flashing. Seems a common insolvable issue.
- Geekbench 5 performs well (2056, 26800)
- trying to update to Sonoma but it crashes immediatelly after boot.

2) Successful updated to Sonoma from Ventura 13.6 but only with iMacPro1,1 adapted from @suren6791 (EFI_1 attached)
- same issues as above on sleep/wake.
- same/comparable Geekbench5
- Audio not working (for both Ventura and Sonoma) despite many attempts.
- I don't need Wi-Fi

I would like to have Sonoma and Audio but cannot find a solution on both configuration.....

Attachments

• EFI_1.zip
    42.1 MB · Views: 57
  • EFI_7.zip
    14.8 MB · Views: 44
@suren6791 what BIOS version are you running on your z790 ProArt? I just tried to update mine to Sonoma, and it hangs on boot

System: Z790 ProArt with i9 13900 and AMD RX 6800 XT, OC 0.9.6 all kext updated.

I have 2 system in place on 2 different M.2:

1) Ventura 13.6 running on MacPro7,1 SMB adapted from the CaseySJ's Z670 Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT . (EFI_7 attached)
- well working (Audio ok) except wake from USB/Bluetooth; wake-up only with power button. Without this sleep immediatelly wakes-up and then crashes with board boot red light flashing. Seems a common insolvable issue.
- Geekbench 5 performs well (2056, 26800)
- trying to update to Sonoma but it crashes immediatelly after boot.

2) Successful updated to Sonoma from Ventura 13.6 but only with iMacPro1,1 adapted from @suren6791 (EFI_1 attached)
- same issues as above on sleep/wake.
- same/comparable Geekbench5
- Audio not working (for both Ventura and Sonoma) despite many attempts.
- I don't need Wi-Fi

I would like to have Sonoma and Audio but cannot find a solution on both configuration.....
My Audio works through HDMI with no issues, sleep/wake for me is also via the power button, unfortunately there is no fix that I know as yet, my wifi and bluetooth works fine for me in Sonoma if you follow my EFI and use OCLP to patch the modern wifi. I am using Fenvi T919

Back