Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Yosemite on:

Processor: i7-5930k six cores + waterblock

MOBO: GA-X99-UD3P
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980ti - 6GB
RAM: 32 GB Ram - 2 x Kingston HyperX FURY Black 16GB Kit (2x8GB) @ 2133MHz

OSX+APPS:
OSX: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB x 3 (right now I am running it in a single drive, will setup RAID 0 will come next week)
M.2 Samsung 850 EVO x 1 Windows 10 Drive.
4K display: Dell P2715Q

BACKUP
1TB WD Blue (I am pending to buy another 4GB drive strickly for backup purposes)
Case: Cooler Master HAF-X (this is a monster)
USB BT + USB Audio
1000W PSU

------
Install method via Unibeast.

Make sure to add the VoodooTSCSync.kext to the Unibeast installer and the Multibeast post install.

During install, boot up with the flags '-v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1', ethernet outta box, got the GPU working via NVIDIA web drivers, i had to force it via nvda_drv=1

A few quirks, haven't really bothered to setup the ALC 1150, so I just bought a cheap audio Dongle, will most likely have on board audio in the future (if anyone has success with this, let me know), ethernet worked out of the box, since my board didn't had a bluetooth port, I just got a cheap USB one, one small quirk is a tiny magic mouse lag, I'll try another day with full batt charge (the one i was using were dried up).

http://imgur.com/a/ifLp1

Total investment: $3100 including shipping (I live in central america, so it wasn't cheap).

REVIEW

I build this one as my home build, I got a production h77 build at the office - but this baby might be promoted to PRO work soon if the stability remains as it currently is (not a single kernel panic), considering there is no official Haswell CPU or Maxell GPU support, the machine runs surprisingly smooth, been doing heavy After Effects CC 2015 work and so far so good. Illustrator CC 2015 crashes from time to time, although by reading on the Adobe forums, this seems to be more of an Adobe software issue as it also affects Apple products.

If someone could give me some orientation on getting the on-board audio working I would really appreciate it.

Hi, i have tried everything with my 980ti, but it doesn't work... with Unibeast.

Im currently using it fine with Yosemite, but i need to do a time machine reinstallation with a new hardrive, and its only possible through the installation.

I have experienced
• com.apple.xpc constantly running and is inherently inefficient
• Missing Bluetooth controller transport

I have no way to reach the installation menu with Unibeast and my Gigabyte 980ti.

Is there something special I need to do, any kext i need to install or something i need to remove from the Unibeast files?

Thanks in advance.

@riverini Hello,

Do you happen to know any solutions yet for all the Illustrator CC 2015 crashes issues?

That software became unusable...

Thank you!

Trying to get a similar build running with a GA-X99-UD3P, GTX 980 and an i75820k. I can't seem to get into the installer to start the install though... i've tried with/without the VoodooTSCSync.kext and boot flags of '-v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1' as well as other combinations but nothing seems to work. I feel like there is something i'm missing in the BIOS settings is holding me back. What changes did you make to get it working?

@riverini Hello,

Do you happen to know any solutions yet for all the Illustrator CC 2015 crashes issues?

Thank you!

Hey man, I missed this. So far I have been working with the disabled GPU preview options, I have been working hard to get it stable to no avail, I even installed to a CLOVER bootloader, it showed some promised yet the file I got crashed too.

This error is not limited to this x99 platform or the GTX 900's GPU, I am experiencing the same issues with an h77 / Quadro 4000 and GTX 680.

So it seems like its an Illustrator / Adobe issue.

I signed up for the GPU testing program and I have been sending them reports steadily.

Trying to get a similar build running with a GA-X99-UD3P, GTX 980 and an i75820k. I can't seem to get into the installer to start the install though... i've tried with/without the VoodooTSCSync.kext and boot flags of '-v npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1' as well as other combinations but nothing seems to work. I feel like there is something i'm missing in the BIOS settings is holding me back. What changes did you make to get it working?

Here is a screenshot of my .plist file, I hope it helps:

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>

<key>Theme</key>
<string>Universe</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 UseMemDetect=No</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

smbios.plist:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacPro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro5,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G8312PTBGWR</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

If you need help let me know, and I'll try to be as useful as I can.

Hi, i have tried everything with my 980ti, but it doesn't work... with Unibeast.

Im currently using it fine with Yosemite, but i need to do a time machine reinstallation with a new hardrive, and its only possible through the installation.

I have experienced
• com.apple.xpc constantly running and is inherently inefficient
• Missing Bluetooth controller transport

I have no way to reach the installation menu with Unibeast and my Gigabyte 980ti.

Is there something special I need to do, any kext i need to install or something i need to remove from the Unibeast files?

Thanks in advance.

Did you used the nv_disable=1 flags during startup?

Here is a screenshot of my .plist file, I hope it helps:

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>

<key>Theme</key>
<string>Universe</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 UseMemDetect=No</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

smbios.plist:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacPro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro5,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G8312PTBGWR</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist

If you need help let me know, and I'll try to be as useful as I can.

thanks for the .plist's, i'll be sure to add them to try and get things going, but how about the motherboard's BIOS settings? DId you disable/enable anything in particular?

Here are my BIOS Settings:

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 308
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 257
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 230
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 223
@riverini Hello,

Thank you!

Hey man, I have been working 100% on this issue and so far I have found some progress.

First I switched from Chimera to Clover (I had a spare SSD drive) using a mix of kduvernay's install / config.plist:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ing-5-matx-build-i7-5930k-gtx-970-clover.html

I spent the whole day working out some issues as kduvernay suggested the AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext to enable the ethernet on clover but it really ****ed things up (kernel panicks), so I ended up installing the files kext as shown on the attached file.

This clover install is solid once I manage to get it to boot, and by that i mean that I have to boot it with the -x -f flag, wait for the login screen and then reboot and I boot without the KP. Does anyone knows a fix to this?

Anyways, regarding Adobe Illustrator, I enrolled for the prerelease program / bug / beta testing for Adobe and they grant me early access to the Adobe Illustrator 15.1.2 GPU beta. I did some testing and it took a bit longer to crash (I have this insane 8 x 200mb linked EPS / 8 arboard / text heavy file from a previous work assignment that really taxed the machine). Anyways, the crash weren't resolver, I made sure to fill in a bug report to Adobe in the hopes of them finding an issue.

Yet, this didn't solved my crashing issue.

Since my Hackintosh setup involved a 4K monitor it occurred to me that maybe the extreme resolution monitor (Dell p2715q) I am using might have something to do with the GPU performance, so googling a bit I found out about an interesting bootflag:

nv_spanmodepolicy=1

On top of that I "forced" the display resolution to be the highest available (4k), as I wrote this message I encountered enhanced performance, despite (a full system shutdown, but only after really trying to **** things up with my AI program). Yet sometimes it creashes when opening really large and complex files.

So far this is the progress I have made, if you want GPU support for AI, I would recommend keeping the .eps low rest proxy turned on. The other thing that I might suspect it could be hampering my performance is the insane amount of fonts (+1000) I have turned on, I'll remove a good deal of those later tonight and do further testing. EDIT, NOPE, SAME ISSUE WITH NO FONTS.

I'll make sure to post back here if I find improved performance.

p.s.: Ohh one thing, on my chimera install I had been experiencing some sort of lagging on chrome while watching youtube videos on chrome (safari didn't showed any lag), I think it was flash related (damn you adobe!) anyways, I solved that by adding the STSD; it solved the issue and improved performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back