Contribute
Register

i7+Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0+GTX570 OSX Install (10.6.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To install an EFI string i used OSX86 Tools but you can also do this manually, what graphics card do you have?

Download this:

https://rs6l3.rapidshare.com/#!download ... gs.zip|279

Ok so here is the quick how-to. Get the attached gfxutil and in.plist (above) and copy them to your desktop. Open up terminal and type

cd ~/desktop (then hit return)
./gfxutil -f display (then hit return)

You should get something along these lines printed out

Code:
PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0xe,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Now copy that and open the in.plist and look for the line near the top where you see this example and replace it with what you copied. Scroll down near the bottom of the plist and change this:
<key>model</key>
<string>NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX</string>

to whatever model Geforce card you are using. You can also change the Rom-revision to whatever you like. Once your done making your changes save the in.plist.

Go back to terminal you should still be in the desktop directory and type this.
./gfxutil -i xml -o hex ./in.plist ./out.hex

you should now have a new file called out.hex on your desktop. Open this file with whatever editor you like it and it will have your new graphics string. Copy it and open finder and head to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and open up your com.apple.boot.plist. Under the last string, which is usually the......

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>Yes</string>

add a couple new lines as follows
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>PASTE YOUR LONG HEX STRING HERE!</string>

Close and save the file. If it doesn't let you save it, save as a copy elsewhere and you can move it back replacing the old one. Make sure to save a backup copy of the original just in case. If you had full QE/CI prior to making these changes, browse over to /system/library/extensions and delete NVinject/Natit/NVKush.kext or whatever you were using and reboot. Don't hold me responsible if you break your own install but this does work for some, but not all.

One more thing, if you have a 512 card or a 768 mb card as I do, you have to insert Total ram size int your in.plist file with XML editor just like in nvinject.

That'll be the one, i couldn't find the source when i posted it as I had it pasted in a txt file for when I did my 8800GTS. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back