Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

EDIT : I edited the first post and title sincethe 5700XT is out and still don't know if I should buy it.
After lurking a lot here to update my current computer (i7 3770k + GTX680, yeah 2013), running High Sierra/Win10. I'm considering buying a new computer.
So here is what I've found so far :
- i7 9700k
- Asus Radeon VII XFX 5700XT
- 2 Samsung EVO plus 500gb M.2 NVMe , one for each OS. I'm afraid to be short of space and would love 1tb for each but those are really expensive, would you recommand another one
- Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
- NZXT H400 or H400i
- NZXT Kraken X62
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Gb , I'm still wondering if I should go for 64 but that can wait
- EVGA 750W 80plus Gold G1+

I plan to plug it on on Lan directly so the wifi is not an issue right now. In case I need it, would you recommand one?

It will be for app dev, Maya, a little bit of gaming, sound and video production.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi,

After lurking a lot here to update my current computer (i7 3770k + GTX680, yeah 2013), running High Sierra/Win10. I'm considering buying a new computer.
So here is what I've found so far :
- i7 9700k and I hesitate with the i9 9900k for the price and the real gain between the two ...
- Asus Radeon VII I've saw some people making it work on Mojave but maybe it's a bad idea?
- 2 Samsung EVO plus 500gb M.2 NVMe , one for each OS. I'm afraid to be short of space and would love 1tb for each but those are really expensive, would you recommand another one
- Gigabyte Z390M Gaming
- NZXT H400 or H400i
- NZXT Kraken X62
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Gb , I'm still wondering if I should go for 64 but that can wait
- EVGA 750W P2 should I go just for the Gold+?

I plan to plug it on on Lan directly so the wifi is not an issue right now. In case it will be

It will be for app dev, Maya, a little bit of gaming, sound and video production.

Thanks!

Take a look at the HP EX920 NVMe SSDs. Much cheaper than the Samsungs.

What do you think about this one : Intel 660p they are even cheaper? what is the catch?

I never used the 660p. One guy who has reported that it prevented sleep for him.

Reactions: kiu
after checking some test I will stay with the HP, they look promising!
Otherwise I see you are on i9 9900k and Radeon VII, do you have a guide for it? Just curious in case I have trouble with the radeon VII

Link to my Z370 build is in my signature below.

oh I clicked and read the first page but you were not mentionning the radeon VII :)

I just upgraded from Vega 56 to Radeon VII. I didn't update the build description yet. There's no difference in terms of installation. Just plug it in and go.

I just upgraded from Vega 56 to Radeon VII. I didn't update the build description yet. There's no difference in terms of installation. Just plug it in and go.

For a reason I thought the radeon VII had no native driver on Mojave! yay thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back