Contribute
Register

i7 950 geekbench score, is this normal??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
All,

I have just finished a i7 950 install in a gigabyte x58a-UD3R with 6gb of ram (1600) I'm running the 64 bit kernel. I'm not doing any overclocking and I haven't done any specific bios changes. Everything is default (besides setting my ram to the correct speed). I'm getting about a 9700 score in Geekbench (32bit). Is this normal of what I should be seeing? I though I would be getting 10k to 12k range.

I get mid to upper 9000s with my setup - stock 950 with slower ram than yours and running 32 bit geekbench. Not sure how much RAM speed impacts the test, but I think the faster memory is what pulls OCed systems at the same clock speed as the 950 up to 10k+.

Gustovier is your CPU running at stock? If it is, your memory is running @ 1333Mhz, not 1600.
Assuming you're running stock, your score sounds about right to me.

Jocelyn84 said:
Gustovier is your CPU running at stock? If it is, your memory is running @ 1333Mhz, not 1600.
Assuming you're running stock, your score sounds about right to me.

Yeah i believe it is running at 1333mhz now that i look at it. So I followed lnx2mac guide and now i get about 9900 on 32 bit at close to 11000. Should I make some changes to get my memory up to 1600mhz?

Well, you would need a BCLK of 160 and a mem divider of 10 or what you're running now (133 BCLK) and a memory divider of 12. Either way, its going to make your Uncore Freq run x20-x24 which will cause heat. I Wouldn't overclock if you don't have an aftermarket cooler.

gustovier said:
All,

I have just finished a i7 950 install in a gigabyte x58a-UD3R with 6gb of ram (1600) I'm running the 64 bit kernel. I'm not doing any overclocking and I haven't done any specific bios changes. Everything is default (besides setting my ram to the correct speed). I'm getting about a 9700 score in Geekbench (32bit). Is this normal of what I should be seeing? I though I would be getting 10k to 12k range.

Running at stock, with similar CPU/RAM, I get about the same.

Looks normal to me. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back