Contribute
Register

i7 8700k / z370 (Unstable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • I hope I don't come across as impolite, when I remind you that the best way to communicate a boot failure in a Forum is to(1) boot using Verbose Boot flag (-v), (2) take clear Legible picture(s) of text-based Boot screen(s) to upload, along with the(3)BIOS screen shots showing what options have been Enabled or Disabled to allow your Disk to boot using CLOVER boot loader and also(4) upload CLOVER Folder from the hidden EFI partition of the booting disk mounting it using Clover Configurator Global or EFI Mounter V3 or terminal commands.

• If I am a betting man, I would bet most on wrongly chosen BIOS options and a smaller amount on faulty CLOVER.

• But without seeing your Verbose boot screen image, I have no real basis for the above statements!
Sure. I have no reason to lie LOL this has been a nightmare. Attached is my current EFI folder, screenshots of my BIOS. It's weird, since I updated my BIOS and to 10.14.6 it will boot into macOS sometimes and sometimes it will just restart. Very inconsistent and now it's showing I have an i9 for some reason. Like I said previously my BIOS is completely stock other than VT-d being disabled. When it does actually boot it will crash when doing minimal tasks again as well.

If you need a verbose screenshot let me know. Dunno if that would really help as it does boot now and sometimes it just restarts.

EDIT: I'm using both ACPI patches too by the way.

Attachments

• IMG_2431.jpeg
    IMG_2431.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2432.jpeg
    IMG_2432.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 169
  • IMG_2433.jpeg
    IMG_2433.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2434.jpeg
    IMG_2434.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2435.jpeg
    IMG_2435.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2436.jpeg
    IMG_2436.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 99
  • macOS.png
    macOS.png
    301.7 KB · Views: 69
  • EFI.zip
    53.3 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Try this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/

STEP 3: Recommended BIOS Settings
If you're installing on a recommended CustoMac desktop with AMI UEFI BIOS, the options are simple. For other systems make sure to set your BIOS to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode. Here are standard AMI UEFI BIOS settings for
Gigabyte AMI UEFI BIOS, Gigabyte AWARD BIOS, ASUS AMI UEFI BIOS, and MSI AMI UEFI BIOS.

1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
  2. Load Optimized Defaults
  3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
  4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
  5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
  6. Set OS Type to Other OS
  7. If your system has IO Serial Port, disable it
  8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
  9. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0
  10. Save and exit.

Try this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/

STEP 3: Recommended BIOS Settings
If you're installing on a recommended CustoMac desktop with AMI UEFI BIOS, the options are simple. For other systems make sure to set your BIOS to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode. Here are standard AMI UEFI BIOS settings for
Gigabyte AMI UEFI BIOS, Gigabyte AWARD BIOS, ASUS AMI UEFI BIOS, and MSI AMI UEFI BIOS.

1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
  2. Load Optimized Defaults
  3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
  4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
  5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
  6. Set OS Type to Other OS
  7. If your system has IO Serial Port, disable it
  8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
  9. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0
  10. Save and exit.
2. Done that
3. Already disabled that
4. No such option
5. No such option
6. No such option
7. Only thing I see is IOAPIC 24-119 Entries - I've tried it both disabled and enabled - same results
8. No such option
9. Not sure what this means or how to check it

BIOS > WINDOWS 8/10 FEATURES > Select OTHER OS
BIOS > CSM SUPORT > Select Disabled
Peripherals > USB CONFIGURATION > XHCI Handoff > Select Enabled
Peripherals > Super IO Configuration > Serial Port > Select Disabled
Peripherals > Super IO Configuration > Parallel Port > Select Disabled
Chipset > Wake On Lan > Disabled

No such option / Only options are Windows 8/10 or Windows 8/10 WHQL

When I disable this I can no longer boot with my graphics card. MB beeps three times.

Enabled this

No such option

No such option

Disabled this

I honestly don't think this is a BIOS issue, unless the version I'm on is affecting my install. I've never had a BIOS issue until I upgraded to the 9700k.

Sorry I can't help you. I hope other people can help with the solution.

Appreciate you trying. I have the z370, not the z390. If worse comes to worse I might just have to bite the bullet and buy a new MB.

Last edited:
No such option / Only options are Windows 8/10 or Windows 8/10 WHQL

When I disable this I can no longer boot with my graphics card. MB beeps three times.

Enabled this

No such option

No such option

Disabled this

I honestly don't think this is a BIOS issue, unless the version I'm on is affecting my install. I've never had a BIOS issue until I upgraded to the 9700k.

I just saw your post and since you were getting help, I decided to wait for your responses to trying the suggested options.
I will re-read the uploads and edit this post if I have something to ask to clarify and suggest the next best step in troubleshoot based on that answer.

I just saw your post and since you were getting help, I decided to wait for your responses to trying the suggested options.
I will re-read the uploads and edit this post if I have something to ask to clarify and suggest the next best step in troubleshoot based on that answer.
Thanks so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back