Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
5700 XT
hello i have a 8700k in my hackintosh,also i have a retina mackbook 2015....when i decompress with unrar or i convert file with permute or anyone similiar video program im seeing that it's more slower in my hackintosh...why??any idea?

someone with similar spec can check it?
thx

hello i have a 8700k in my hackintosh,also i have a retina mackbook 2015....when i decompress with unrar or i convert file with permute or anyone similiar video program im seeing that it's more slower in my hackintosh...why??any idea?

unRAR speed is very dependent upon drive speed.

Example:
I just unRARed an 8GB file using three different drives:

59 seconds on Seagate 8TBl hard drive
39 seconds on Crucial SATA SSD
12 seconds on Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD

Therefore, if you want to unRAR at similar speeds to your MacBook, you will need an SSD that's at least as fast on your i7-8700K system.

unRAR speed is very dependent upon drive speed.

Example:
I just unRARed an 8GB file using three different drives:

59 seconds on Seagate 8TBl hard drive
39 seconds on Crucial SATA SSD
12 seconds on Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD

Therefore, if you want to unRAR at similar speeds to your MacBook, you will need an SSD that's at least as fast on your i7-8700K system.

thx for your answer...i tested with the same hdd converting video and the results its macbook more speed...

-mkv to mp4 (2,4 gb)

macbook:7 min

hackintosh:12 min...

thx for your answer...i tested with the same hdd converting video and the results its macbook more speed...

-mkv to mp4 (2,4 gb)
macbook:7 min
hackintosh:12 min...

What are you using to convert videos? Is it using GPU to assist in the conversion? Do you have IGPU and Quick Sync enabled? What GPUs do your MacBook and your hackintosh have?

What are you using to convert videos? Is it using GPU to assist in the conversion? Do you have IGPU and Quick Sync enabled? What GPUs do your MacBook and your hackintosh have?

-To convert videos i using "Permute" in options only have cpu usage...i dont know its using gpu....
-i dont have igpu and quick sync enabled...
-in macbook i have AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB
-in hackintosh nvidia 1080ti

-To convert videos i using "Permute" in options only have cpu usage...i dont know its using gpu....
-i dont have igpu and quick sync enabled...
-in macbook i have AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB
-in hackintosh nvidia 1080ti

Hard to figure out where the discrepancy is... Try using Handbrake on both computers to do a conversion. At least you will know it's only using CPU for the conversion.

Ok i tested in handbraked¡¡...

-mkv to mp4 (2,4 gb)
macbook:24 min...
hackintosh:11 min...

the problem its the gpu¡¡...the solution is enable IGPU and Quick Sync??its possible with 10.13.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back