CPU
i7
Graphics
HD 5770
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I installed retail through iboot. Upon reboot I can't get into Snow Leopard. It loads mach kernel and does a reboot over and over. So I grab the Tonymacx85P55 boot cd and I boot and complete the install fine. I'm wondering why one works for install and the other works for post installation? Now I'm just stuck on the MultiBeast part. Which bootloader should I use? I'm guessing pc efi 10.6? I chose that along w/ the correct network, 11,1 Imac smbios, I didn't choose a patched DSDT just the necessary kexts instead. Upon reboot, I can't get into Snow Leopard. It keeps booting over and over after it loads mach kernel. I can boot into Snow Leopard no problems w/ the P55 boot cd but I can't w/out it. I tried using the boot.plist and the extensions from the Boot cd and threw it into my extras folder and still nothing. Network, graphics work. Just can't boot into it w/out boot cd.

Edit: The iBoot disk works fine after install. I get audio and network. I'm going to try to snatch the kexts from that. What should I install from Multibeast though?

Parts
i7 860
Gigabyte P55a UD3 f5 bios
4gb Corsair XMS
nvidia 7300gs (dont laugh)

After installing with iBoot, you still need to boot with the CD until after running MultiBeast. Until you update to 10.6.2, you're going to need a patched kernel or the computer will just reboot endlessly (this is included with MultiBeast). Tony's guide gives all the instructions you need, but what you should first do is boot up with the iBoot CD and run MultiBeast. Then, check the EasyBeast 10.6.0 option and Disk Utilities.

Well the 7xxx cards are super troublesome after 10.6- you'll get a kernel panic if using standard graphics kexts. Here are the 9 vanilla 10.6.1 kexts you'll need to install BEFORE REBOOT and after updating to avoid any obstacles.

Public/10.6.1-Graphics-Kexts.zip

Good luck!

I've got mostly everything working. Sound works (only rear ports), network works. Edited my boot.plist w/ arch=i386 and graphics enabled. If I were to use the NVenabler kexts would I be able to boot into SL w/out the kernel flags I mentioned? Those things I can live w/, but my main problem is shutdown and restart. I updated my bios to the latest f6. Shutdown and restart do not work. OS shuts down but system still runs. This is the only problem I determined to get fixed. Thanks Tony for the kexts.

Multibeast:
10.6 netkas
ALC 888
R1000SL
DSDT GA P55A UD3
Standard boot.plist
MacPro4,1 smbios
FakeSMC

I'm wondering if perhaps I should've went w/ another bootloader?
My mobo's bios is F6

thirdshiftdj said:
I've got mostly everything working. Sound works (only rear ports), network works. Edited my boot.plist w/ arch=i386 and graphics enabled. If I were to use the NVenabler kexts would I be able to boot into SL w/out the kernel flags I mentioned? Those things I can live w/, but my main problem is shutdown and restart. I updated my bios to the latest f6. Shutdown and restart do not work. OS shuts down but system still runs. This is the only problem I determined to get fixed. Thanks Tony for the kexts.

Multibeast:
10.6 netkas
ALC 888
R1000SL
DSDT GA P55A UD3
Standard boot.plist
MacPro4,1 smbios
FakeSMC

I'm wondering if perhaps I should've went w/ another bootloader?
My mobo's bios is F6

Yeah- run MultiBeast again, this time choosing Chameleon RC4 AsereBLN- no need for disk utilities.

PC-EFI 10.6 does NOT have the restart/shutdown fix.

Also, you might use iMac11,1 for native speedstep. Good luck!

Cool, thank you guys. I'm going to do a clean install because it'll bug me knowing I did too many things wrong it this install.

I am in the same situation.

GA-P55A-UD3 + i7 860 + 4GB ram (will upgrade to 8 after install).

Fresh install of 10.6.0, cant boot to desktop without the tonymacx86-P55BootCD.
I have followed directions for installing EFI 10.1, Boot, custom DSDT.aml from your database, and Extra from tonymacx86-snowleopard to root of my hard drive, and fixed all permissions.

Networking works, GTX 260 works with NVEnabler 64.kext, but sleep and restart will not work.

Should I do MultiBeast with the settings above, then install 10.6.3, or install 10.6.3, ten MultiBeast and hope that that fixes sleep etc ?

I dont care about sound as I intend to use a USB sound dongle, and about this mac is unimportant.

I got everything working perfecto. Crucial make sure you have latest BIOS (F6)
Install SL as you normally would then update to 10.6.3 through software update, NOW use Multibeast and install:
Chameleon rc4 AsereBLN
R1000SL
I used Standard boot.plist and w/ kernel flags arch=i386 maxmem=4096. I reckon because of my 7 series graphics it kernel panics when I boot into 64bit. You probably can do w/out it.
p55a ud3 DSDT
iMac11,1 smbios
Fakesmc.kext
Those are all I installed and everything works great. Tony sent over the kexts he used from the iboot cd for me to use for my audio and it's flawless. Rear and headphone jack works. No crackle. I attached those files below. He said to put them in the extra folder.

Attachments

• VoodooHDAforExtra.zip
    304 KB · Views: 56
@Crucial

I have the exact same specs as you and I can't boot in without Tony's CD (the furthest I get is the blue screen right before the desktop shows up, then it just hangs)

Let me be specific: I can get through install no problem, and I can mount the 10.6.3 updater and install that no problem, and I can run MultiBeast no problem, but it fails on boot when it's on its own.

What could this mean? I know I'm close if Tony's CD works perfectly and I get sound and everything... I've tried MultiBeast many times following exact instructions, then I tried installing the sound fixes for 10.6.3. Still no dice. Eventually I want to put the last 4gb of RAM in there to make it 8gb...

GA-P55A-UD3
GTX 260
i7 860
4gb Crucial

I figured it out!

I needed to install a kext called NVEnabler 64.kext using Kext Helper
I am also using a Creative Audigy for my sound and the driver from http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/ worked like a charm!

I'm up and running!

Bobby

Mobo: GA-P55A-UD3 (f6 BIOS)
Processor: i7 860
Memory: 8gb Corsair DDR3
Video: nVidia GTX 260
Audio: Creative Audigy 4
Logitech USB Peripherals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back