Contribute
Register

i7 7700k OS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply right click the El Cap installer in the dock, quit it, then start the El Cap unibeast creation process. From here on out the installs get easier with fewer steps thanks to Macman's Unibeast and Multibeast software. Be looking for the High Sierra versions soon if you will be updating that far. You can also stay with El Cap on this machine if you'd like to. It's fully supported by Apple for a few more years. You can clean install HS on your newer Z270N system.

Last edited:
ok cool, unibeast 6.2?

ok cool, unibeast 6.2?
Correct.
"UniBeast 6.2 uses Clover as the bootloader and supports OS X Yosemite and OS X El Capitan USB creation."

Thanks for beta testing my new HP 6200 Snow Leopard guide. The feedback was helpful. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Nice one T, wish me luck, lol.

Nice one T, wish me luck, lol.

Congrats. You've scaled the steep incline of the Apple ecosystem walled garden. You've gotten inside and are ready to enjoy the beautiful macOS GUI and ease of use of the operating system. Why anyone still uses Microsoft Windoze I'll never know.

One last thing. If you have any questions about the El Capitan install, post in the El Capitan Desktop support section of the forum. This thread got a little off topic for Buying Advice.

Thanks so much T, enjoyed being you giniepig, hahaha. Thought i might keep messaging you here atm until im set, lol, i like the one on one service.

In the pic attatched, do i need to do anything with this EFI file?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2017-10-20 at 13.23.10.png
    Screen shot 2017-10-20 at 13.23.10.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • Screen shot 2017-10-20 at 13.23.57.png
    Screen shot 2017-10-20 at 13.23.57.png
    871.4 KB · Views: 37
Thanks so much T, enjoyed being you giniepig, hahaha. Thought i might keep messaging you here atm until im set, lol, i like the one on one service.

In the pic attatched, do i need to do anything with this EFI file?
no, that is a partition not a file.

Ok so I've left bios as I don't think there are any applicable to me. Then I went to install El CPT and this is what greeted me, see pic. In step 4.3 is says select usb. Which tab am I to find this under?

Attachments

• IMG_20171020_135732.jpg
    IMG_20171020_135732.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 53
all I see is a pic of the BIOS setup screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back