Contribute
Register

I7 5960x X-99 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
What board are you using? I got Bluetooth working on 10.9.5 on an Asus X99 Deluxe. Thunderbolt 2 also!

How solid did you find your build to be so far ? I intend to make a similar one for audio production and some video editing.

Is thunderbolt working well ? How about the two ethernet ports ?

So X-99 is a stable option now? Does Fire Wire work with it? Still waiting to build a new audio machine but dont want to wait anymore!

So X-99 is a stable option now? Does Fire Wire work with it? Still waiting to build a new audio machine but dont want to wait anymore!

Hi lmx9096, I'm running a 5060x on a Rampage V Extreme since February, overclocked to 4.5Ghz without problems.. I use this machine in my Recording Studio, as a Mac Pro. My Graphics Card is a ROG Gtx 980 in a triple-monitor configuration.

Sorry, but I don't remember my exactly geekbench score. EDIT: 34655 (I wrote it down in "my configuration" here, but this is my score when the cpu was running at 4.2ghz)

I tried to publish a guide on this forum, but I don't know why it was NEVER been approved (i tried three times to upload it.. it was very long: 7 pages, a real how to even for dummies! hahah).

The only issue is that i use a SSL Nucleus as playback soundcard.. that f***ing console costs 4500 euros and DOES NOT support usb 3, so i had to disable xHCI in my bios in order to get it working.. this caused the loss of ALL usb ports except for the two under the ethernet port. Waiting for un update from SSL.

Hoping to help you,

BlueBox Studio

I tried to publish a guide on this forum, but I don't know why it was NEVER been approved (i tried three times to upload it.. it was very long: 7 pages, a real how to even for dummies! hahah).

Any chance you could upload that on a Google Doc or something? As a dummy and an audiophile I would love to see that!

Just put X99 into search and follow some of the threads of folks trying to install OS X on one of
these builds. Haven't seen any success yet. A fully working CustoMac on an X99 system is still
about 6 mos. to a year off. That is, one without have to jump through about 1000 hoops to make
it work. Better to just wait for support before buying/building one. By then DDR4 prices will have
come down and many of the intial problems with the hardware will have been resolved. There are
always growing pains to go through when any new chipset comes out, even on the Windows side.
To quote Tom Petty, "The wait is the hardest part" but in this situation it's the best thing to do.
I'm in the same situation,I want to build a new X99 build as stated above,this will be my first build so I'm really new to this.
Question,can I build this type of machine,install Window 10, then when the dust settles,add another boot drive and install OSX at a later date,provided the hardware works?
And then have a dual boot system.
Cheers
Tommy

I'm in the same situation,I want to build a new X99 build as stated above,this will be my first build so I'm really new to this.
Question,can I build this type of machine,install Window 10, then when the dust settles,add another boot drive and install OSX at a later date,provided the hardware works?
And then have a dual boot system.
Cheers
Tommy
Yes, you can start with Windows Ten, test all of your hardware and run your benchmarks.
After you've studied the OS X install process and asked your questions in the forums you can
then try the install of OS X on a separate SSD. Just make sure to disconnect your Windows
drive when you attempt this. It's not the ideal way to start out on this path but why not bite
off more than you can chew and then chew it ? :thumbup: Everyone learns this by making mistakes
and solving problems. So don't expect to have a perfectly working OS X system right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back