Contribute
Register

i7 4960x + GTX980 + rampage IV black (possible?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, totally new here. Newbie on hackintoshes.

I'm trying to build the most performance possible, but getting very contradictory settings out of the buying guides and compatible gear.

Could someone please let me know if this is possible?

Processor: Intel i7-4960X Extreme Edition LGA 2011 Processors BX80633I74960X
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EATX DDR3 2133 Intel LGA 2011 Motherboard
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GV-N980G1 GAMING-4GD G1 Gaming, GeForce GTX 980, 4GB GDDR5 PCiE Video Graphics Card
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 64GB DDR3 2133MHz C11 Desktop Memory CMY64GX3M8A2133C11
HD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E1T0B/AM)

I want the best build possible, but not sure if this is compatible.

Also, suggestions and changes would be very welcome. Specially a little help with power supplies, cases and coolers for this monster.

Thank you SO much for your help!
Best,
Thiago.

I'm also interested.

Thank you so much!

I'll do some research before buying and trying to make it stable.

In the meantime, do you know of the most stable build that is also very performance driven?

Video editing (4K), Photoshop, Hardcore gaming (on 4UHD TV), etc...

Thanks again!

Thank you so much!

I'll do some research before buying and trying to make it stable.

In the meantime, do you know of the most stable build that is also very performance driven?

Video editing (4K), Photoshop, Hardcore gaming (on 4UHD TV), etc...

Thanks again!

The majority of tonymacx86 members build one of the Customac Pro socket 1150 systems.
An example build would be the GA-Z97X-UD5H and an I7-4790K with 16 GB of ram or 32
if you need that much for photo / video editing. Works great for gaming as well. BBFYB.

Graphics card would depend on which video editing program you would be using. AMD cards
are best for FCP X and Nvidia cards for Premiere Pro and other Adobe apps. This is one of
the better performing, easy to setup and easy to maintain builds you could do. That's why
most choose this build. Just look through the user builds to see how many use this combo
of hardware.

Thank you very much once again for your attention and help.

So I'm changing my GPU to:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GDDR5 Pcie Video Graphics Card, 4GB

And my motherboard to:

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

But I'm also using an old ASUS GT640 2GB DDR3 if I have problems with the card to update drivers and such, as suggested in the post that was previously shared.

Not sure if this would help with stability or not. I'm hoping... yes?

So I'm changing my GPU to:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GDDR5 Pcie Video Graphics Card, 4GB

And my motherboard to:

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

But I'm also using an old ASUS GT640 2GB DDR3 if I have problems with the card to update drivers and such, as suggested in the post that was previously shared.

Not sure if this would help with stability or not. I'm hoping... yes?

Yes, the GT640 will work OOB so that will help with install. You're lucky to be able to even find
an ASUS R4E. They are not available anywhere I could see in all of N. America. Note that you
can also ask these ?'s in Shilohh's thread so those using the R4E can help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back