Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0

Hi All!

I'm building my first hackintosh i read a lot about parts that should work, the only thing I'm not sure about is the GPU, Is that a good choice? I like the Direct CU II since they should be quite silence. And the other parts is chosen because they are supposed to be silent.

Are there other silent GPUs that suits me better? Or any other parts for that matter.

CPU: i7-4770K

CPU cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2

GPU: Asus GTX660 TI-DC2OC-3GD5 link to newegg (newer mind it out of stock, I will buy it in sweden)

Mobo: GA-Z87X-UD3H

PSU: Corsair TX650M v2 650W

Memory: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile DDR3 PC12800/1600MHz CL10 2x8GB

Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: Samsung 840 PRO

Best regards, Simon

I'm using an EVGA 650 Ti in my Thunderball build with great success. It appears EVGA is phasing out the 650 TI and 650 Ti Boost (another good card) cards. So, there may be a 750 Ti coming out soon. However, if you can find a 650 Ti or 650 Ti Boost, it's still a good buy. :thumbup:

I'm using an EVGA 650 Ti in my Thunderball build with great success. It appears EVGA is phasing out the 650 TI and 650 Ti Boost (another good card) cards. So, there may be a 750 Ti coming out soon. However, if you can find a 650 Ti or 650 Ti Boost, it's still a good buy. :thumbup:

Thank you for your feedback. I will have look at them and see the different benchmarks vs. dBA levels.

Just installed and everything worked great.

I think the ASUS GTX660 you chose above is one of the most silent GPUS. So if silence is more important than power I would take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back