Graphics
RX560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone.
Im having trouble with handbrake crashing on my over clocked I7 3770k with ga-z77x-up5 th. im usung a coolmaster 212 evo cpu cooler.
im overclocking with dynamic vcore offset. i have to set it to +.150 volts. which puts me at 1.39 vcore voltage for it not to crash. does that seem to high of vcore voltage for 4.6 ghtz? it has my cpu temps pretty hot as you can see. heres some screen shots. any tips for a better and cooler over clock please. Screen Shot 2013-05-19 at 10.28.24 PM.jpgphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

Yeah that is too hot, because of the high vcore! I will post my OC setting later.

Also you 4,6GHz are a lot! Normaly that can only be achieved with water cooling, because of the much heat that the CPU is generating. 4,5GHz should be your limit.

Thanks for the screen shots. Ill give those setting a go later today. Looks like clocking at 4.6 is a no go till I decide to go with water cooling. I just purchased the evo 212. Maybe I'll try a noctua d14 or corsiar 60 water cooling.

thanks again for your screen shots,
i tried the setting and the cpu temps dropped big time. the one thing i noticed was the the idle vcore stays way higher then over clocking
with a offset. also i noticed you have all but one cpu core set 43 and the last 42. with that setting i was only getting a 4.2 over clock. i thinking i should just get a better cooler. im still on my 30 day return period for the evo 212 i bought.

43 on the 4th core are not stable with my chosen vCore… so I did 42 ;)

You really need to keep in mind that the Ivy CPUs are heating up a lot when overclocked. The only way to reduce that is to take of the metal hood of the CPU, but I wouldn't recommend that!
Best cooling option for hot CPUs are the all in one watercooling solutions like Corsair… But I don't like them because of the audible pump.
I am currently using a Promilatech Mega cooler, which is one the best (one tower) cooler on the market with a quiet but still powerfull eLoop fan. On low rpms I am able to cool the CPU to 70°C under load and am very pleased.

Higher OC results will need higher air flow -> more noise. Keep it in mind ;)

Hi,

In order to achieve a stable OC, then you have to understand that auto / normal settings are not your friend.

Can I suggest that up visit overclock3D.net and look up the overclocking guide for the Z77. It is the bible for a stable system.

With an air cooler, 4.4Ghz with temps under 70 degrees is easy, go water and 4.6Ghz and under 70 degrees can be done. And that include 8hrs on prime95.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back