GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

Built my CustoMac according to the buyers guide (August 2013)

------------------------
i7 - 3770k

Gigabyte z77x-UD5H
Bios (F14)

Corsair Vengence 16gb (2 x 8gb)

Onboard graphics (HD4000)

SanDisc Extreme SSD

-----------------------------------------------

I wiped my SSD and did a clean install (been having the same problem since my first install)

Installed OSX 10.8.5 (copy I DL'd from the apple store on my MacBook)

Booted into safe mode (-x) --> ran MultiBeast according to part 1 of Slugnet's video editor (i don't have a graphics card yet so I did not proceed on to further steps):

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...-i7-3770k-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-660-ti-49.html

Boot hangs on Apple logo with spinning cog.

Only boots into safemode (-x)

When I boot into verbose (-v) I get this error:

DSC_0134.jpg

Previous attempts to fix this issue:

-Disabled Intel Virtualization in Bios
-> Many posts suggest disabling VT-d (can't figure out how; posts have indicated that its unavailable when running i7-3770k)

-Run display through HDMI and DVI (dvi to hdmi converter)

-Deleted bluetooth .kext's (*removed the Bluetooth error but did not fix "0x3a" error)

-Booted with different systdefs

-SSDT generation script (Ivy PM) as indicated here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/86906-ssdt-generation-script-ivybridge-pm-22.html

--> Caused screen to crash (gray/glitched/frozen)
> after, would not boot into safe mode (-x)

I'm really struggling with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I should add that I do not fully understand the whole process my final attempt (SSDT script generation: http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/86906...dge-pm-22.html ).

I am a beginner hackintosh builder and have tried to learn as much as possible about the process.

I do understand that my problem is using Sandy Bridge PM with Ivy Bridge hardware. What I do not understand is how to fix/change this.

i7-3770K - GA Z77X-UD5H - getCPUIDInfo ; this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a **SUCCESS**

Ok so I think I may have a fix (just successfully booted into 10.8.5 for the first time).

1. Performed a clean install on my SSD with my ML install USB stick (created with Unibeast)

2. Restarted. Booted into the HD and completed the installation.

I then followed this guide:
-Changed BIOS settings except those under the MIT tab (i'm not overclocking yet)
-Downloaded MaciASL/Followed the steps​
-Downloaded Chameleon wizard​
+changed the smbios settings according to the guide
+Under the install tab > clicked "Install" (bottom right corner)​

I stopped following the first guide here because I had issues with the next few steps. so instead I:
-Ran multibeast according to part one of Slugnet's Build (no graphics card so I skipped "GE=No" selection) HOWEVER I chose the "install with DSDT" option because we have the generated DSDT on the desktop.

At this point I restarted, got to the bootloader screen and booted from my HD in verbose mode (-v)...

AND VIOLA! It worked (for me). Let me know if you guys have success with this. I wish you the best of luck

**EDIT** For those of you using other gigabyte boards: When generating the DSDT with MaciASL, you have the option of selecting other gigabyte boards instead of the UD5H. I have not tried these (since I DO have the UD5H) but I am under the impression that they should work for your boards. **

**EDIT 2** Depending on your display (mine being a LCD TV hooked up via HDMI), you may boot up and find the display is screwed up --> Easy fix for me was to power off the TV and then turn it pack on. I don't know if this is just my tv or if others will have similar problems. Just a heads up**

**Edit 3** I have not tested the audio coming directly off the board as I am running a Focusrite 2i2 interface for sound via USB **

can you tell me how you wipe your hard drives im also new to this and do not understand because my build is the same way

Have your recovery drive/USB with multibeast and boot loader plugged in. When you get to the boot screen (you'll see the cartoon lion with the loading bar)
hit a key to stop the load and select your USB. This should boot into the OSX installer. Select disc utility from the menus bar at the top. Once in disc utility, select the hard drive you want to wipe and select the erase function. Make sure the correct format is selected.

Types this on my phone in a rush so if you need a clearer explanation or pictures just let me know. Good luck man!

Thanks i will try it right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back