Contribute
Register

i7-3770K / Corsair H60 H2O cooler/ 4.2GHz / 61 C - How High?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77N WIFI
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Now that I got El Capitan installed and my fans are working well, I have been testing my overclocking speeds again. I am running a Corsair H60 H2O cooler with a i7-3770K. Running a torture test or coding a long movie in handbrake it is staying in around 61 C using the Intel Power Gadget. I stopped using HWmonitor since it was killing my CPU fan. It seem like the temperature is staying really low. I am going to try 4.3GHz next.

Can I trust the temperature in Intel Power Gadget?
Interested in hearing from others running similar setup on how high you running?

Now that I got El Capitan installed and my fans are working well, I have been testing my overclocking speeds again. I am running a Corsair H60 H2O cooler with a i7-3770K. Running a torture test or coding a long movie in handbrake it is staying in around 61 C using the Intel Power Gadget. I stopped using HWmonitor since it was killing my CPU fan. It seem like the temperature is staying really low. I am going to try 4.3GHz next.

Interested in hearing from others running similar setup on how high you running?
I have the same processor running at 4.8GHz. I have been running it at that speed for four years now.

I have the same processor running at 4.8GHz. I have been running it at that speed for four years now.
Can you share the Ai tweaker configuration? I would be great to have that stable speed. I have 3770K in a z77 sabertooth with corsair veagance ram

Can you share the Ai tweaker configuration? I would be great to have that stable speed. I have 3770K in a z77 sabertooth with corsair veagance ram
Ok, I'm away for the holidays but will post it when I get back. Also be aware that what is stable on my setup might not be on yours, Im using a different motherboard. I recommend you do some tweaking and testing in windows. Thats how I came to find the settings that worked best for me.

Ok, I'm away for the holidays but will post it when I get back. Also be aware that what is stable on my setup might not be on yours, Im using a different motherboard. I recommend you do some tweaking and testing in windows. Thats how I came to find the settings that worked best for me.

Thanks a lot, I´ll do, and I´ll use your tweak as a reference.

I'm able to boot into EUFI bios BUT the Temp is maxing out at 100'c using a Corsair H60 Liquid cooled system, it should be 32'c like in the bios of the build video linked in my profile and at base of my post , CPU FAN shows as running, case fans running, used proper Thermal paste, I use a Corsair H60 liquid cooler with a single fan mounted in the roof section of the metal tower that is vented, but need to check that its working as it bolts onto a mini fridge like grill I can't feel if the fans working or not. In the bios it shows 3 fans working CPU, and 2 sys fans, But I have 4 fans in total, there are 2 fans on the front grill supplied with the case a Phantek Enthoo Evolve Midi Tower USB 3 that I am sure are running off one power connector, and one at the back all working but all showing different speeds. I only used a thin layer of thermal paste. The output air is cool from the back of the system and hasn't shut down. Shows separate Core temps of 88'c. Any tips appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back