Contribute
Register

i7 3770k and ga z77n wifi overclockable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ml 10.8.3 ga- z77n wifi
CPU
3.5 i7 3770k
Graphics
intel hd 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
What are the settings for this setup to b clocked at
4.1 to 4.3

Well since that mobo does not have any vcore adjustments your best bet is to atempt to setting your turbo multiplier to 43, other than that their isn't much else to do. Just hope you have a good bined chip that will allow you to go that high on less voltages :):):)

I have the same hardware with i7 3770k setting to 4.3Ghz without any issues. But im not using the default CPU cooler.

I have the same hardware with i7 3770k setting to 4.3Ghz without any issues. But im not using the default CPU cooler.

thats what im running 4.3Ghz with the corsair h80i

Have you all experienced any shut downs or blue screens when OCing that high? I have heard alot of online talk saying only 4.2 was stable from lack of voltage adjustment?

I'm only clocking mine up to 4.0 flat right now since i'm still using the stock cooler...

Also what coolers is everyone using because of the limited space on the board? Sorry to thread jack...

When I get my hardware in I'll be bench testing it before installing and I'll see what settings work and post them later. Should be Thursday.

I just built a computer for my dad using this board and the 3570k. Overclocked to 4.0 GHz using turbo , temps no more than 55 degrees Celsius . Idles at 1.6GHz and temps at 20 degrees Celsius. I felt most comfortable at 4.0. System felt a bit glitchy at higher frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back