Radeon 6450
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi guys !

I looking to built a hackintosh to work with audio, with pro tools 9. I like how this Daw runs on SL, so Im looking for a Motherboard to use with the SB processor. It is really hard to find any z68x motherboards where I live now!!!!

So I was hopping to find some advise or experience if this formula will work or not.

By the way, I got a bit confused with the latest changes in the hardware/software compatibility, so let me recap!

- Sandy bridge and z68 and z77 should work with SL and Lion?

- Ivy bridge and z77 should work with Lion and ML?

- Bloomfield i.e i7 960 and x58, should work with SL and Lion also?

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!

Hi guys !

I looking to built a hackintosh to work with audio, with pro tools 9. I like how this Daw runs on SL, so Im looking for a Motherboard to use with the SB processor. It is really hard to find any z68x motherboards where I live now!!!!

So I was hopping to find some advise or experience if this formula will work or not.

By the way, I got a bit confused with the latest changes in the hardware/software compatibility, so let me recap!

- Sandy bridge and z68 and z77 should work with SL and Lion?

- Ivy bridge and z77 should work with Lion and ML?

- Bloomfield i.e i7 960 and x58, should work with SL and Lion also?

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!

Sandy Bridge and Z68 should work with Snow Leopard (10.6.8) / Lion / Mountain Lion. It is what I am using. I am not sure if Sandy Bridge CPU + Z77 motherboard will work with Snow Leopard. Lion and Mountain Lion should work.

Ivy Bridge and Z77 should work with Lion (10.7.5) and Mountain Lion.

Bloomfield should work with Snow Leopard or above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back