Contribute
Register

i7-2600K Overclocking and SSDT [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bansaku,

thanks for your help.
But I`m still on the MacPro 3.1 smbios. This more effective for my hackintosh :thumbup:

Bansaku said:
SawGreat said:
How I can install this SMBios from MacMini 5.3 with Multibeast ?
Please help ! :crazy:

There isn't one. Open up the smbios.plist located in the extras folder and change 5,1 to 5,3. It is that simple. :p

You don't need exact info. This is what mine looks like:

Code:
	<key>SMbiosdate</key>
	<string>05/05/12</string>
	<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
	<string>ProjectOSX</string>
	<key>SMbiosversion</key>
	<string>FakeSMC rev609</string>
	<key>SMboardproduct</key>
	<string>GA-P67A-UD4-B3</string>
	<key>SMfamily</key>
	<string>Macmini</string>
	<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
	<string>Gigabyte</string>
	<key>SMproductname</key>
	<string>Macmini5,3</string>
	<key>SMserial</key>
	<string>C02JM073DKDJ</string>
	<key>SMsystemversion</key>
	<string>1.0</string>

Do we need to change it like this yours the SMmanufacture to gigabyte or can we use the original just change to mac mini 5.3???

ramirorobles said:
Do we need to change it like this yours the SMmanufacture to gigabyte or can we use the original just change to mac mini 5.3???

Not at all. I was just pointing out that everything else is cosmetic; Only 5,3 matters. :p

I almost gave up on getting more than two p states on my i7 2600k. I was using. Macmini5,1 and was getting a KP when I use an SSDT. I stopped using the SSDT.

By changing the symbios.plist to Macmini5,3 I can now get many states between 16 and 50 by using a patched SSDT.

One more issue to go. Waking from sleep causes a KP.

Thanks.

venu2062 said:
I almost gave up on getting more than two p states on my i7 2600k. I was using. Macmini5,1 and was getting a KP when I use an SSDT. I stopped using the SSDT.

By changing the symbios.plist to Macmini5,3 I can now get many states between 16 and 50 by using a patched SSDT.

One more issue to go. Waking from sleep causes a KP.

Thanks.

I get the silent KP (screen freeze, system locked up) after wake as well, but only after load. I can surf and play/stream movies and whatnot, but as soon as I start Geekbench, Prime95, or encoding an HD Video, KP! This seems to be a 10.7.4 (/ML) issue. I am guessing it has to do with the new CPUPowerManagement, hence why we need a patched SSDT for OC now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back