ATI HD 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
I Have installed Catalina on my lenovo ideapad gaming 3i.
the specs are:
10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-10750H Processor (2.60 GHz, up to 5.00 GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 12 MB Cache)
15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, anti-glare, 250 nits, 60Hz
8 GB DDR4 2933MHz
1 TB 5400 RPM HDD + 256 GB PCIe SSD1 year Depot or Carry-in
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 4GB(disabled via acpi)

Catalina is running fine, however i cant get graphics accel.
I have lilu and weg installed.
I have attached my framebuffer patches, and efi folder.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 7.49.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 7.49.00 AM.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 500
  • EFI.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 789
  • graphics-about_this_mac.png
    graphics-about_this_mac.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 526
UPDATE: solved by faking the igpu device id to i7 9750h igpu,and applaying the framebuffer patches.
Also must use both lilu and whatevergreen kext's debug versions.

UPDATE: solved by faking the igpu device id to i7 9750h igpu,and applaying the framebuffer patches.
wow~~ you can share the new efi folder?

Piggy backing on what qinkangdeid said For those arriving from Google, can you share the `device-id` and `ig-platform-id` you used to make the quest easier?

Used your EFI (Same laptop). Have some problems. Trackpad not working, Audio not working and the problem with the video aceleration... Can you post yout current EFI, or give some directions? I'm from Brasil and English is not my main language. Thanks!

There are tons of guides covering the 0x9BC4 device, in particular Dortania Comet Lake Laptop section. There is no need for special patches or something. Just look it up there and follow the guide.

Hi friend, I have a lenovo ideapad gaming 3, but I can't get the trackpad to work, the graphics card doesn't work, it only recognizes 7mb, could you share your plist? or efi folder? Thank you

I am trying to install MacOS Catalina on a MSI GL65 10sfr with the same cpu, can you please share your EFI folder ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back