i6700k MSI Z170A pro gaming M3 help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170A Gaming M3
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
Intel HD530 HDMI + nvidia 1070 DVI (for windows)
Hi everyone,
i just sold my late 2009 iMac and started building a new configuration
my configuration (every parts ordered, most of them already received)
i7 6700k
16GB ram at 3200Mhz
MSI Z170A pro gaming M3
GeForce 1070 (should come next week)
1TB samsung evo 960 m2 (is a preorder, hope not to wait too long), in the meanwhile I have an OLD non SSD 1TB SATA drive
an Asus VG248QE (24" 144hz monitor should come next week), in the meanwhile I connecte the computer to a TV with the HDMI cable

I know that the 1070 is currently not supported, therefore i plan to use the Intel 530 on mac (at least until drivers for 1070 are available)
I followed the installation guide for sierra.
To my surprise I did not had a lot trouble installing it ;)
questions :
1: how can I make sure that I have accelerate graphics calculated by the iGPU and not by the CPU ?
2: I also have a lot of graphical glitches. Is there a way to fix that ?
3: is there something needed when I will install the M2 SSD ? Or will the installation process be as easy as it was ?

ps: i'm a hackintosh noob... I love macOS but buying a computer I can't make evolve is out of question, and the apple prices are totaly crazy.. I build a computer for 1600€, whereas a mac pro with nearly the same specs (4 core xeon, 16GB ram, 1TB solid state) would cost 4200€ .. Ok the apple product 2 graphic cards but nevertheless this price is totaly insane (ok apple is more expensive, but that level is insane) and impossible to improve it over the time...
If apple would provide a computer for 2000€ that I could make evolve over time I would had bought it, unfortunately there is no choice... so I want to give hackintosh a try :p

thank you a lot for your help.

Hi everyone,
i just sold my late 2009 iMac and started building a new configuration
my configuration (every parts ordered, most of them already received)
i7 6700k
16GB ram at 3200Mhz
MSI Z170A pro gaming M3
GeForce 1070 (should come next week)
1TB samsung evo 960 m2 (is a preorder, hope not to wait too long), in the meanwhile I have an OLD non SSD 1TB SATA drive
an Asus VG248QE (24" 144hz monitor should come next week), in the meanwhile I connecte the computer to a TV with the HDMI cable

I know that the 1070 is currently not supported, therefore i plan to use the Intel 530 on mac (at least until drivers for 1070 are available)
I followed the installation guide for sierra.
To my surprise I did not had a lot trouble installing it ;)
questions :
1: how can I make sure that I have accelerate graphics calculated by the iGPU and not by the CPU ?
2: I also have a lot of graphical glitches. Is there a way to fix that ?
3: is there something needed when I will install the M2 SSD ? Or will the installation process be as easy as it was ?

ps: i'm a hackintosh noob... I love macOS but buying a computer I can't make evolve is out of question, and the apple prices are totaly crazy.. I build a computer for 1600€, whereas a mac pro with nearly the same specs (4 core xeon, 16GB ram, 1TB solid state) would cost 4200€ .. Ok the apple product 2 graphic cards but nevertheless this price is totaly insane (ok apple is more expensive, but that level is insane) and impossible to improve it over the time...
If apple would provide a computer for 2000€ that I could make evolve over time I would had bought it, unfortunately there is no choice... so I want to give hackintosh a try :p

thank you a lot for your help.

i plan to use the Intel 530 on mac (at least until drivers for 1070 are available)
Please check this out: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/skylake-intel-hd-530-graphics-glitch-fix.206410/

thank you for your feedback.
when it is written add to the clover config
should I simply open the file and paste this at the end?
I already installed the EFI mount utility but i was not sure if i need to paste the code at the end of the file or if i need to paste it in a tool :(
like said, hackintosh noob (sorry)

the graphic card issue is now fixed ;) (reading stuff and tutorial helped me understood what to do)

now I still have an issue with sound
the volume is very very low....
setting it to maximum on mac, make it as loud as nearly minimum on windows :/
any idea how I can fix that ?

the graphic card issue is now fixed ;) (reading stuff and tutorial helped me understood what to do)

now I still have an issue with sound
the volume is very very low....
setting it to maximum on mac, make it as loud as nearly minimum on windows :/
any idea how I can fix that ?
If you boot into Linux, you should be able to get the DSDTs from there and then turn them into Mac DSDTs with MaciASL: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-create-your-own-dsdt-using-maciasl.107723/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back