Not open for further replies.

Gav

Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Firstly, thanks for the guide, its excellent and very well explained! :)

Secondly, I managed to get my i5 system up and running pretty much first try with very little problems.

My system is:
Intel Core i5
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3
4GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3 1600 (CL 7-8-7-24)
Asus GTS 250 512mb

I followed your guide for installing using the retail DVD, which went down very easily. I used the DSDT for my motherboard and made my own chameleon boot loader disk. Once the install was complete, I had to mess around to get the audio working a bit, but nothing too hard. I have also installed Win 7 on another hard drive and have them dual booting easily!

Finally, I have had one small problem however. When ever i reboot from snow leopard, I get a bios Checksum error message and it tries to change my Bios settings, and gives me options to load a configuration. I have my i5 overclocked to 3.6GHz, but this has been running stable so I don't think that is the problem. I have the latest bios version (f4 for the UD3).

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or if there may be something in the bios I can change to make this stop happening. Its annoying to have to boot twice when I've been using Snow Leopard.

Thanks again Tonymacx86 for such a brilliant guide, and your continuing support to the community :)
Gav

Sounds like you are getting the CMOS Reset issue- do you have the P55A-UD3 DSDT.aml from the DSDT Database at the root of your Snow Leopard drive?

I just checked that DSDT- that fix is definitely in there.

Also if you have the custom DSDT for your board, make sure you rename it to DSDT.aml from it's original cumstom name. I had this problem and that was the solution.

jwalkermed said:
Also if you have the custom DSDT for your board, make sure you rename it to DSDT.aml from it's original cumstom name. I had this problem and that was the solution.

I think that may be the answer. I just have it names as "DSDT-GA-P55A-UD3.aml"

rushko said:
Same mobo, no such problem, CPU is slighty ovrclocked and the last bios for UD3 is F5.

The GA-P55-UD3's latest is F5, correct. But mine is the GA-P55A-UD3, for which the latest bios is F4. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

Cheers guys!

rushko said:
Sorry, I didn't notice the A:( Hope u solved the prob anyway.

No worries, I appreciate the fact that you were offering help anyway :)
The CMOS problem seems to be sorted. Boots up fine every time!

It seems that everything is working perfectly. I have audio, sleep, magic mouse connected through bluetooth adapter, graphics are great. I can't fault it :)

Thanks again everyone, especially Tonymacx86! :D

Hello Gav,

Have you run a Geekbench test on your i5 Hackintosh yet? I am looking to build one and would like to see how it compares to my i7 Hackintosh units.

If you could run that test and post your scores, that would be excellent and much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!!!

Brandon
DZone.com :ugeek:

I've attached a screen shot of my geekbench score (32 bit only, sorry I don't have a key for 64bit). This is at 3.6GHz, running on stock voltages. It seems stable enough :)

Hope this helps!

Gav

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-01-23 at 14.20.04.JPG
    Screen shot 2010-01-23 at 14.20.04.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 368
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back