Contribute
Register

i5-8400 UHD 630 7Mb only Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet ... I will start from scratch next week. Have a project submission hardware specific so cant change anything right now. Once that is done ill download a fresh copy of mojave final and latest kexts and try it. I think I need to follow this very carefully to get things done https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/intel-hd-graphics-framebuffer-edits-desktop.125239/ ...

I also have an ASUS GT 610 which I think I am going to flash with a new BIOS if available and see if it works OOB on the latest Mojave. It didnt on earlier betas and also it has limited Metal support however at least I would have HW acceleration of some kind. Lets see what happens. There is also new BIOS for motherboard since my last post which is unlikely to change anything but I have updated it in case it somehow magically helps.

I have 4 PC's with identical hardware, and one works fine. I updated from High Sierra to Mojave and install Lily and Whatevegreen. Other 3 have issues with graphics, all the difference - new Clover. I replaced EFI folder on this 3 PC's and they are now working almost fine (reload accidentally, when I'm away from pc).

P.C. just finished Mojave installation on i3-8100. I haven't installed any kexts for graphic and everything works fine..

Last edited:
I have 4 PC's with identical hardware, and one works fine. I updated from High Sierra to Mojave and install Lily and Whatevegreen. Other 3 have issues with graphics, all the difference - new Clover. I replaced EFI folder on this 3 PC's and they are now working almost fine (reload accidentally, when I'm away from pc).

P.C. just finished Mojave installation on i3-8100. I haven't installed any kexts for graphic and everything works fine..

Maybe I should just get a Z370 board since Z390 is released they might get cheaper.

Hey, any news on this?
I’ve just finished my first build based on erik’s HTPC. I’m having trouble getting iGPU acceleration: my ig-platform-id is 0x3E9B0007.
With InjectIntel option it shows Intel UHD 630 7 MB and there are graphical glitches.
With Lilu + WhateverGreen kexts (hopefully I installed these correctly) is shows Intel HD Graphics CFL CRB 1536 MB, and my display gets a weird pink tint and still graphical glitches.
I don’t know what to do…

Hey, any news on this?
I’ve just finished my first build based on erik’s HTPC. I’m having trouble getting iGPU acceleration: my ig-platform-id is 0x3E9B0007.
With InjectIntel option it shows Intel UHD 630 7 MB and there are graphical glitches.
With Lilu + WhateverGreen kexts (hopefully I installed these correctly) is shows Intel HD Graphics CFL CRB 1536 MB, and my display gets a weird pink tint and still graphical glitches.
I don’t know what to do…
I also have issue with pink colors: display sometimes changes colors to pink and accidentally get back to normal. I experienced the same issue with official Mac Mini, so I'm not sure this problem caused by hackintosh. With different monitor everything is fine.

I also have issue with pink colors: display sometimes changes colors to pink and accidentally get back to normal. I experienced the same issue with official Mac Mini, so I'm not sure this problem caused by hackintosh. With different monitor everything is fine.

Maybe Ill try to get your board. Its cheap for 99$. I also have 2x4GB DDR4 thinking of getting another two sticks which your board would allow me to do. Could you upload your efi for your board (Z370M DS3H)? Does everything work? Also try 10.14.1 you might get even better support now that new Mac Minis are out with 8th Gen SKUs

Hi there !

I have had the same problem for 3 days now with my build : my PCIe display card has too many problems so I have to send it back to get an exchange, which will take some weeks, so I switched my display to the UHD 630 in the meantime.

Right from the start, I got only "Intel UHD Graphics 630 14 MB" as graphics on any OS I tried : HS or Mojave, either from a completely new installation or a working clone. I have read many topics with advices that did not work in my case, but in the end I saw someone telling to use BOTH IntelGFX="0x59128086" and ig-platform-id="0x59120000". As soon a I put this on Clover Configurator, I got "Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 GB" and full acceleration. Phew !

Beware, though : I had it working both on 10.13.6 and 10.14, but I got corrupted graphics on 10.14.1 with no ability to show the desktop (only VNC could allow me to revert back my settings). I went back to 10.13.6, which works perfectly, and will wait for my RX 570 to come back to upgrade to Mojave.

Hope this will help !

Hi there !

I have had the same problem for 3 days now with my build : my PCIe display card has too many problems so I have to send it back to get an exchange, which will take some weeks, so I switched my display to the UHD 630 in the meantime.

Right from the start, I got only "Intel UHD Graphics 630 14 MB" as graphics on any OS I tried : HS or Mojave, either from a completely new installation or a working clone. I have read many topics with advices that did not work in my case, but in the end I saw someone telling to use BOTH IntelGFX="0x59128086" and ig-platform-id="0x59120000". As soon a I put this on Clover Configurator, I got "Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 GB" and full acceleration. Phew !

Beware, though : I had it working both on 10.13.6 and 10.14, but I got corrupted graphics on 10.14.1 with no ability to show the desktop (only VNC could allow me to revert back my settings). I went back to 10.13.6, which works perfectly, and will wait for my RX 570 to come back to upgrade to Mojave.

Hope this will help !
Are you use HDMI to display?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back