GTX 960
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys! This is my first post on here, so if I make any major infractions let me know.

I'm doing my first computer build and found this (seemingly) awesome barebones package that has all of the components I'm looking for. My main concern is the mobo. It doesn't specify the model, but I've read on here that other Z87's are compatible. Anybody out there have any advice on ASUS Z87's with 10.9?

Link to TigerDirect product page: Link

Hi Josh,

Also in the process of my first build using ASUS Z87M-PLUS and would be grateful for any advice or comments.

I have updated BIOS settings correctly (I think) and tried to install Mountain Lion using USB and Unibeast.

Thanks

I have updated BIOS settings correctly (I think) and tried to install Mountain Lion using USB and Unibeast.

Thanks

Hey Jim,
Glad to hear there's someone else in the same boat! Since I've never done a build before, I have no idea what to expect. I just found the post on tonymacx86 that lists compatible boards and noticed that there aren't any Z87s listed. I'm curious... What happens when you tried installing ML?

Hey Josh,

When I try booting from USB it briefly flashes the apple logo then restarts the system back to Boot menu.

It may well be an issue with how I have mounted ML onto the USB.

I will let you know if I have any further developments.

Good luck.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back