HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all

I'm running into panic when booting Mojave installation USB with Unibeast.
Panic reason "x86_validate_topology() 4 threads but 5 registered from MADT" in xnu.
This seems to be CPU-related, so after reading the forums, I've tried various settings in Clover like
  • Enabled config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/FakeCPUID=0x0306C0
  • Change config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true to false
  • Change config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x12345678 to 0x0
  • Add Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder
and finally, I've tried changing SMBIOS to iMac14,2. No luck so far...

Any pointers what else I could look into? Thanks.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 55
  • 20190131_200359.jpg
    20190131_200359.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 60
Something is wrong here.
Your uploaded config.plist has the SMBIOS of an iMac14,2 but your screen capture shows a MacBookPro9,1 system definition. Obviously you are not booting with the config.plist that you think you are.

Your uploaded EFI is a joke, completely inappropriate for the hardware in your profile.

Thanks for looking into this and the swift reply. Obviously Mac OS agrees on this being a joke, otherwise it wouldn't panic... :( The EFI obviously was for the most part Unibeast default, with the changes I had indicated above.
What's your suggestion on pinpointing the problem then - should I use some EFI from somebody's earlier, successful installation (only found some EC installs for the 4590/HD4600 combination)?

Ah yes, the latest change to iMac14,2 does not show on the screen. But be assured it did not change the outcome/panic...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back