Contribute
Register

i5-3570K / GAZ77-UD5H - OC is Stuck at Maximum (10.9 Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i5-3570K / GAZ77-UD5H - OC is Stuck at Maximum (10.9 Mavericks) (DELETE-SOLVED)

Moderator please delete, figured it out and it was my own doing.

Hi Everyone,

I have had my overclock set at 4.5, VCore 1.185 ever since I built my Hackintosh. I wanted to try bumping it up a notch today, but I decided to do so in Windows 7 (I have a dual boot with Mavericks). I ran Intel Burn Test in Win7 after increasing the Turbo to 4.6 and VCore to 1.21, passed but did get temps higher than I normally do in OS X (highest for 3 of the 4 cores was 80C).

After rebooting to check Prime 95 in OSX, I got an error telling me that USB items were drawing too much power and I need to unplug before they work again. I shut down, pulled the PSU plug, and waited a while.

After another reboot, HWMonitor now tells me I am at 4.5GHz for my CPU Package, constantly. In the past, it would only go up to 4.5GHz if I was doing something intensive. Now, it just sits at that level, and my ambient temp is double what it usually is (40C). I went back into Windows, and it tells me I'm not at 4.5GHz when idle, and that my temps are pretty normal (cores in the 30's). I tried using Temperature Monitor in OSX, and it's giving me similar temps. Anyone have any idea what the issue might be, why it's stuck at the higher frequency and temperatures? I tried turning off the OC in my BIOS, resetting, and now it's stuck at 3.8GHz (stock over clock). So strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back